+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3.5yr old not sleeping through the night anymore

Dd is 3.5yrs and has slept the ought the night consistently from about 10mths old. Never had an issue. Bed time always been 7pm. Same routine.
    the last 2 weeks she has been waking like a newborn. We are going insane!
    We put her to bed at 7, she has trouble falling asleep. Wakes at 11, 1, 3, 5am What is going on???? She is usually a fantastic sleeper!

Background info:
    no day sleep unless she falls asleep on her own accord, I limit it to 30-40min. I can't force her to nap during day either.
    shes happy and very energetic during day.
    eating very well.
    Not sick.
    oil heater in room on low all night as she won't sleep with her bed covers on. (Wakes up when I put them on her).
    night light. We have tried with and without. (She has never had it on all night previously).
    when she wakes, she can't find things (comforters) and screams for daddy (doesn't want me). Even though we leave her night light on.
    We don't want her in our bed. She was a sleeping through in her own bed until recently.
    i am going through some mental health issues (with treatment/psych) and detoxing from alcohol. Not sure if it's having effect on her? As she doesn't want much to do with me ATM

Anyone have any advice? Will it pass? Is it a normal phase for her age?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try a worming tablet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Perhaps turn the heater up more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also do bribery for my 2.5 yr old. She gets a special reward the next day if she stays in her own bed all night. For 3 weeks she woke up and demanded my bed. I bought new toys and showed her and held them hostage till she slept in her own bed. The first night she stayed in had own bed all night I gave her the toys, did what ever activities she wanted and could eat pretty much what she wanted. Now I've slowly scaled back so she gets a small treat for staying in her own bed all night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has there been any disruptions or new things in life? New day care? Are you pregnant again? New house??
    My DD had troubles around the time I was 8 months pregnant which lasted til DS was 3months old. If that doesn't apply could she be having bad dreams? Another time DD had issues that went on for a while and still sometimes wakes her was her dreaming about monsters. At first she couldn't tell me what it was but eventually she mentioned something about monsters during the day and I figured it out. I hope you figure it out soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing that I think may be disturbing her is me - and what I am going through. Dh has had some time off work as a carer. I didn't think I was being any different around her but maybe she is just sensing something is up?

it may be bad dreams but we can't get it out of her. She just creams and wants daddy. The next day it's as if nothing happened and she is back to her normal happy self.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, dd slept through last night. We did nothing different. Who knows.