+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    DD sees ST OT and PT through disabilities qld. It's a long way off for you if you get a dx but you can get referred through that service for support. I don't see private therapists at the moment as the girls I see for DD at DSQ are great.
    Plus there's early intervention playgroups that your Paed can refer you through too. So if that happens let me know.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I will, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    We needed a paed, speech and psychologist for our dx in order to access funding.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    We needed a paed, speech and psychologist for our dx in order to access funding.
    I think there are variations between the states. In NSW you can use either a paed or psych and speech pathologist. We went psych and were cover by the fahcsia early intervention funding and are now covered by the NDIS.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Raising Leprechauns  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    With hindsight I can see that DS2 was born autistic, but I wouldn't believe it when the Paed suggested it. DS2 didn't startle, even when I was pregnant. He rarely slept & I couldn't get him to eat solids until he was 10mths old. He didn't respond to his name at pre-school, which was why we visited the first Paed. He was 2 and a half then. Diagnosed at 3.

If you have a smart phone you could video some of the behaviours you're concerned about. Take the videos to the Dr's appointment and take it from there.

A diagnosis can be a relief, because you know what you're working with. It's not going to change your child, it might just change how people treat your child. My son stopped being 'the naughty boy' and was treated better at pre-school and he got the help he needed