+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep as pp said get to your gp. Perhaps ask them who they would recommend for you for a paed, but as I said I cannot recommend the paeds at leading strps in pindara.... I think you're on the coast right?
    I hope it works out and you can get some support and answers. Let me know if I can help in any way with early intervention stuff on the coast.

Sent from my GT-P5220 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definately start with your GP. They can write up a Enhanced Primary Care plan with helps with costs back from Medicare. I got this from an Autism workshop I attended recently. Medicare.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    Definately start with your GP. They can write up a Enhanced Primary Care plan with helps with costs back from Medicare. I got this from an Autism workshop I attended recently. Attachment 57298
    Don't you need the autism diagnosis first because the enhanced primary care plan is part of the HCWA package?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (03-07-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You cant get an enhanced primary care plan without a dx.

You'd be looking at a mental health care plan which should give you 6 reduced rate session with a psychologist( then you can request another 4 from your gp)

That would help with the assessment from them.

Id get referal for paed, and a mental health care plan, call paed and make an appt (which could take ages) meanwhile try to get into the psych.

From my understanding you need a paed to sign off on the official dx anyway (well mine did)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (03-07-2014),HarvestMoon  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post

From my understanding you need a paed to sign off on the official dx anyway (well mine did)
    You don't need a paed. DS's was done by a psych and a speech pathologist. The psych said the speech assessment must be done to ensure the communication and social difficulties aren't just cause by a speech disorder.
    We went to see a paed this time, but were burnt and ended up having the assessment reviewed by the psych. We had a speech assessment again but it doesn't appear in the report like the last one did. Might be because they are doing up a separate report this time? I'm not too sure though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you get a speech review done and also a hearing test? When we saw speechies we had to have a hearing check done first. Even if you don't "need" a paed for diagnosis, I have been really grateful to have found a good paed - she keeps me grounded when I panic about things or compare children! I've found it useful to have one person who knows us and had watched my son grow and develop. Ours was maybe $150 for first appt and $120 for r/v with portions back from Medicare depending where you are at on the safety net. We see her about 6 monthly now. Good luck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 we were told by the MCHN at his 1yr check that she had concerns... I thought she was being ridiculous, He is 1!
    As he approached 2, he didn't really have any words or anything, and I thought "fine he is a late bloomer" as 2 and a half came I started thinking it was time to get the ball rolling into getting some professional opinions. Just after he turned 4 he was formally diagnosed with ASD. We were treating him as such though, right around the time he turned 3.

With DS2, we knew around the 18 month mark that he was going to be similar, as friends of mine all have kids days apart from him, and the differences between them were EVIDENT. It wasn't like 'he will catch up', but more he has a LONG way to go before he even was in the same ball park. He is suspected of ASD and currently under going therapy with an OT, and working on getting him seen by PaeD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Yep as pp said get to your gp. Perhaps ask them who they would recommend for you for a paed, but as I said I cannot recommend the paeds at leading strps in pindara.... I think you're on the coast right?
    I hope it works out and you can get some support and answers. Let me know if I can help in any way with early intervention stuff on the coast.

Sent from my GT-P5220 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thank you Dr Pincus was his Paed when he was born, I've heard Dr. Harte is great for ASD so I will ring them up and ask who they suggest. Will definitely take you up on that offer! Do you see a speech therapist?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    Thank you Dr Pincus was his Paed when he was born, I've heard Dr. Harte is great for ASD so I will ring them up and ask who they suggest. Will definitely take you up on that offer! Do you see a speech therapist?
    DD sees ST OT and PT through disabilities qld. It's a long way off for you if you get a dx but you can get referred through that service for support. I don't see private therapists at the moment as the girls I see for DD at DSQ are great.
    Plus there's early intervention playgroups that your Paed can refer you through too. So if that happens let me know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    You cant get an enhanced primary care plan without a dx.

You'd be looking at a mental health care plan which should give you 6 reduced rate session with a psychologist( then you can request another 4 from your gp)

That would help with the assessment from them.

Id get referal for paed, and a mental health care plan, call paed and make an appt (which could take ages) meanwhile try to get into the psych.

Awesome, I will definitely do that thank you!! Can I get it without a health care card? We lost it on the 1st. I've had a few recommendations for a good psych and the psych I used to see still practices so I think I'll ring her and see what she can do.