+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Waiting it out

I wasn't sure where to post. Guess I'm just looking for support, someone to talk to who can relate.

I had an ultrasound last Saturday around 6 weeks 5 days which showed a gestational sac, yolk sac and a fetal pole of 0.26mm and no heartbeat. With all of their measurements, I had a gestation of 5 weeks 4 days. I know my dates, I know some ovulate late, some implant late but in my case these scenarios were not plausible. I had a follow up ultrasound on Friday just gone which showed that the fetal pole had grown to 0.30 mm and still no heartbeat. I saw my doctor on Saturday and he scolded me at getting a follow up ultrasound so early, gave me a form to take bloods for beta levels and told me to come back tomorrow. I'm not stupid, I know that this pregnancy has stopped progressing. 6 days being too soon after or not there should have been more significant change and a heartbeat. I thought I was going to be ok but I'm not. I feel selfish because I have 5 beautiful children already and there are people who are struggling to have their first baby. I don't really have a support network, so if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Leighanne x

Sent from my LG-D802 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just realised that I posted my measurements as mm and it's meant to be cm. Doesn't look like there's an edit option through the app. My apologies.

Sent from my LG-D802 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lollie, How is everything going? I am currently going through a miscarriage also (my 3rd, I have one 4 year old). I think regardless of the amount of children you already have the pain is the same losing a baby. Have you miscarried yet? I had a dating scan as my cycle is really out, showing a measurement of 5 weeks 5 days with a slow heartbeat. I had already had some bleeding so seeing a heartbeat got my hopes back up again. I went back for a follow up scan 2 weeks later which showed no heartbeat and my baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks 2 days. At the moment I am waiting it out, have another ultrasound and appt at the hospital next week to see what's going on. I though I had passed the sac before my last ultrasound but unfortunately I hadn't and I know that I haven't yet either. I had a d & c in March and really just wanted this one to go naturally. Big Hugs to you, I'm more than willing to support you in any way you can! Even is you just need someone to vent to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear Lollie. We were in the Feb 2015 DIG together I think before I left when I miscarried. Big hugs hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Regardless of how many babies you've had, it's painful to lose a pregnancy. I would say that there was at the very least some growth and it may still be too early for a heartbeat but you're sure of your dates. I'm so sorry.