+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low lying placenta and traverse baby.

Hi all,

Just a question, has anyone had bubs be in the traverse position and also have a low lying placenta? I'm currently 33+2 have another scan scheduled for Thursday to check position and placenta movement, then an appointment with a hospital doctor to go over the results the following week.. It's 1.9cm apart, the hospital wants it to be 2.5cm.. Another thing is my doctor has said that with the bub being traverse and the placenta low, trying to make the baby move manually can damage the placenta, has this happened to anyone?

I'm not too worried about it all, just curious to see if it has happened to anyone else, and if so, how did bub
    come? Naturally or via C-section?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i didn t have a low lying placenta, but have had 2 bubs who spent time lying transverse. both moved to head down late in pregnancy 40 and 38 weeks.

good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Nic86  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First bub or second? Have you tried using the spinning babies website to move bub? My second was transverse 20-34wks. Then flipped down 2 days after doing the techniques on that website.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (03-07-2014),Nic86  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a partial placenta previa at my 20wk scan. By the 34 weeks it had moved clear and I went on to have a pretty text book labour with no assistance.
    Sorry.. Bubs was always facing head down even early on.. So I can't help with that part.
    I was in a tizzy about of the placenta would move cause I so badly wanted my VBAC but by the time of the scan I had come to terms with the fact that some things you can't change. So what will be will be. Alas- I needn't have worried so much.

All the best things progress well for you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

Nic86  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is bub #2, had absolutely no dramas with DD, she was head down ready to go from quite early on and I birthed her naturally..

This will be my 2nd scan to check progress.. It was 1cm @ 19 weeks, 1.9 @ 30 weeks, so it has moved and I think it should be ok at this scan, if it continues to move at the same rate, they just wanted to double check..

I've had a quick look at the spinning babies site.. I'm going to so more reading up on it all, and then look into starting the techniques after my scan of she is still traverse..

Thanks for the replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Second and subsequent bubs can turn till you go into labour and even in labour. The placenta position may impact they way bub can turn around or may not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic86 View Post
    This is bub #2, had absolutely no dramas with DD, she was head down ready to go from quite early on and I birthed her naturally..

This will be my 2nd scan to check progress.. It was 1cm @ 19 weeks, 1.9 @ 30 weeks, so it has moved and I think it should be ok at this scan, if it continues to move at the same rate, they just wanted to double check..

I've had a quick look at the spinning babies site.. I'm going to so more reading up on it all, and then look into starting the techniques after my scan of she is still traverse..

Thanks for the replies
    It took me a few moves 4-5 times a day to get bub moved. It's really easy. Drink a cold glass of water or juice to wake bub up. Then rock on all fours to get bub 'loose'. Then pop your knees on a bed or couch and incline downwards for 60-90sec. Aim for a sharp angle. Then get up and stay upright for an hour or so.