+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Nope, me too! All my maternity bras were too big for me.
    Me three. The biggest I got was a B cup while BFing. I felt like Pamela Anderson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

CMF  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add though the only real problem is the maternity bras- I can get away with kids clothes lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Nooo there's so many clothes that I try on that gape at the boobs, or have straps that are way too long. Sounds like we all have issues getting clothes to fit!
    I'm an E to F cup. Total nightmare to accommodate boobs that big in small clothes. But yes you are right. Women come in so many shapes and sizes. Small with small boobs, small with big ones, bigger with small, bigger with big boobs. Tall and skinny, short, no hips, big hips.

I suppose it's hard for clothes designers as it's impossible to cater to every single body type. Still.... it's frustrating huh.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

CMF  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    My big gripe is the lack of petite clothes, I'm a size 8 but very short in the body shopping is a nightmare everything is too long! There was a lot more choice in the uk, I was stunned at the lack of choice over here!
    I'm exactly the same! I've decided I'm going to try online shopping at Next &/or Marks & Spencers UK - might be worth giving it a go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My issue isn't so much finding clothes in the bigger sizes (I'm normally a 14), it's finding styles of clothes that fit my body shape. I too am a bit of an apple carrying all my weight around my middle. I also have a DD chest, to make things more fun. Many clothes these days seem to be cut in a tailored style to fit snugly. While I can certainly get clothes that fit, I also don't like wearing skin tight clothes so that l my lumps and bumps are on display. Buying up a size doesn't make this problem go away either. I just wish the fashion industry would take into account that not everyone has a petite/slender figure with a flat tummy and no love handles. Even with the right size jeans I get a muffin top, I just don't always like it to be on display!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Have you tried high waisted pants? It might just smooth everything out
    Sadly an apple in high waist pants looks like when an old man pulls his pants over his beer gut rather than belting his trousers under.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (30-06-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I'm at the opposite end and no where much stocks size 6 anymore, if you can find them the pants are up around your ankles cause if you're thin your short. I think it's hard no matter what size you are, there seems to be little or no consistency of sizes and availability.
    Agreed. I have the size 6 problem too, but I've found a few shops now who's clothes usually fit really well (I haven't found any cheap shops though I must admit...) but yep, I think it's just difficult for everyone. People always tell me it must be easy to get nice clothes because I'm "skinny". Nope! Busts too big on dresses, hips to wide on skirts, maxi dresses/skirts out of the question unless I want to wear 6 inch heels because I'm short, jeans I could wear if I hide stilts up my legs... We're all just different!

When I find jeans that fit me I'll wear those things to death! haha. I found one pair at Just Jeans that were PERFECT, even the length was good! I got so excited that I ordered another pair of them online so once the other ones wore out I'd still have some! They turned up and I swear they were labelled the same size but were about 10cm smaller in the waist than the pair I bought in store!!! And now...of course....they are sold out of that style

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the maternity bra problem too. I had no problem when I was pregnant and when my milk first came in I was a 14DD for a while. But now DS is only wanting to feed once or twice a day so my boobs have shrunk down to a 10B and there is no way to get a properly fitting maternity bra. I've thought about just wearing a normal bra but the day I do that he will have a day like today where he wants to just boob all day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    When I find jeans that fit me I'll wear those things to death! haha. I found one pair at Just Jeans that were PERFECT, even the length was good! I got so excited that I ordered another pair of them online so once the other ones wore out I'd still have some! They turned up and I swear they were labelled the same size but were about 10cm smaller in the waist than the pair I bought in store!!! And now...of course....they are sold out of that style
    That's really interesting, because when I was pregnant I bought maternity jeans from them. I tried them on in store and they fit, but I didn't buy them cos I was still shopping around. Then I ended up getting them online because they had a sale in their online store, and the ones I got there were too small even though they were labelled the same size.

Hmm...

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maybebaby77 View Post
    I'm exactly the same! I've decided I'm going to try online shopping at Next &/or Marks & Spencers UK - might be worth giving it a go!
    I'd also try US department stores like Nordstrom and Saks. Especially since the US stores seem to have a sale every other week due to all their holidays! Norstrom has great plus size clothes but... their designer and usual range of clothing seems to cater to small small sizes - according to a girlfriend who shops there for that reason and she can be anywhere from a 6-10 in Australian sizes.
    They also send direct to Australia for most clothing items. Some they don't though but a US shipping address solves that!