+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont think every shop/brand should offer plus sizes but more should than they do! I saw my mum go thru hell finding herself clothes when I was younger. . and why should she? Everyone deserves nice clothes and to look good. Im a size 16 to 18 and im lucky I can find clothes quite easily but I still struggle.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    For shorter length jeans the trick is to find what length works for you. If you go online you'll see jeans range from 25 to 34 inches (inside seam). My perfect touch the ankle length is around 30inches and I'm about 172cm if that gives you some idea. My sister is quite short and she often buys cropped styles and wears them as normal for her.
    Try being a 36.5inch inseam.

I usually go into shops and try on pants. Then if I find a pair I like, I email the company to find out the pants unhemmed legnths. Then if unhemmed, they are 37-39inch inseam I will order an unhemmed pair and hem them myself.

It would be much easier being plus sized, I could actually buy off the rack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im not too fussed about plus size clothes but i would love to see more clothes appropriate for large busts!!

I find i have to go up 2-3 sizes in order to fit my breasts. Even then i still struggle cos even the larger sizes are designed for small breasts.

Im finding im shopping more and more online as Aust stores just dont have clothes to fit my boobs!!

Having said that, there are far more plus sized clothing stores than there are 'big busted' stores so i dont see what every ones problem is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My big gripe is the lack of petite clothes, I'm a size 8 but very short in the body shopping is a nightmare everything is too long! There was a lot more choice in the uk, I was stunned at the lack of choice over here!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (30-06-2014),HillDweller  (30-06-2014),jude15  (30-06-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a size 8 and struggle to get clothes to fit me. I am basically limited to cotton on at the moment because I struggle to get clothes to fit me anywhere else that's in my budget. I am a size 8, with boobs that match my size, but it seems clothes makers make size 8 clothes to fit those who have had boob jobs so I struggle so much to get tops and dresses to fit. I have much better success with jeans and shorts.
    I also can't find bras to fit me properly either, unless it's a sports bra. But even then it has to be Lorna Jane because cheaper sports bras don't fit. It's annoying, but I am clothed so I deal with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Im not too fussed about plus size clothes but i would love to see more clothes appropriate for large busts!!

I find i have to go up 2-3 sizes in order to fit my breasts. Even then i still struggle cos even the larger sizes are designed for small breasts.

Im finding im shopping more and more online as Aust stores just dont have clothes to fit my boobs!!

Having said that, there are far more plus sized clothing stores than there are 'big busted' stores so i dont see what every ones problem is.
    And I have the opposite problem!

Short of going to a tailor for all of your clothes, not many people are going to be able to get any item of clothing off a rack and have it fit perfectly.

As for the plus sizes, it's not financially practical for every clothing line to produce every size. If they did they'd have to start charging so much more to try and cover their costs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post

Same I've never been more than a size 12 and it's a nightmare being smallish (I'm a 10 atm) with big boobs, especially dresses. Size 10 won't even zip up at the top back bc of the Girls, and bigger sizes make me look like I'm wearing a sack. Or tops that are fitted in the bust area, which is quite common.

It seems size 8-12 designers think we have tiny boobs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

It seems size 8-12 designers think we have tiny boobs
    Nooo there's so many clothes that I try on that gape at the boobs, or have straps that are way too long. Sounds like we all have issues getting clothes to fit!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I can't even get maternity bras as I am a 10A... I must be the only one with tiny boobs whilst breastfeeding. I'm also a size 4-6 in clothes.

Eta: I certainly don't go writing letters of complaints to companies demanding they make something in my size though! I accept I'm in the minority and so tough luck. We all have issues big and small!
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 30-06-2014 at 10:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I can't even get maternity bras as I am a 10A... I must be the only one with tiny boobs whilst breastfeeding.
    Nope, me too! All my maternity bras were too big for me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (30-06-2014)