+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Another thing, do you think it's fair if brands that make both regular and plus size clothing charge more for plus size?

I see this quite often.
    I think it's fair. They have to use more fabric for plus sizes. They probably cost the clothing based on their biggest "regular" size so make a bit more money on the smaller sizes due to less fabric used.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think a lot of women find it hard to find clothes. I have slightly short legs which makes shopping for jeans a pain. Does anyone else except for Target stock the short jeans? I also have quite large boobs which makes finding tops hard . Aghhh. I find it hard to shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    It's coming to Garden City soon.
    And the city store will be open soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rockmans have short length jeans and Jeans West online do as well. Both are still too long for me to wear with flats, I have to wear a heel or hem them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (29-06-2014)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm too short for short jeans too, it's so frustrating. I've become very good at hemming over the years! I also have short arms and I'm short from shoulder to bust (so scoop necklines are positively indecent on me!). I got so sick of it, I started learning to dressmake so I can at least make my own tops.

I have spoken to several shop assistants about the lack of sizing, most of them say they regularly send requests for short kegs, larger sizes etc but it just falls on deaf ears

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeans west do short length now (finally!) and asos (online) do now as well. So much better than even 2 years ago where I don't think short length existed, but their ranges are very limited.

I have noticed that less and less places stock size 5 shoes as well, yet according to the shop assistants they are sold out of them very quickly if do they get them in. Work that one out!!

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm not plus sized, but I understand the complaint. I think it isn't so much an issue of equity, but that a lot of clothes 14+ are, let's be honest, pretty terrible and old ladyish. The small sizes are usually trendy, nice fabric and styles, while the big sizes are often mu-mu's lol and size 16 isn't huge, I know if I was size 16 I wouldn't want to wear old lady clothes.

Considering size 12 is now the norm (I think?) most clothing companies would still be making a good trade selling plus sizes.
    I think this is the point for me. I have zero trouble finding something to wear but it's whether I would want to wear it that's the issue.
    One thing I've never understood is why, in summer, most plus size tops are sleeveless, yet in regular sizes there are plenty of short or capped sleeve tops. This makes no sense at all!
    Try finding plus size maternity or nursing clothing. It just doesn't happen unless you want to pay three times as much.
    I buy most of my clothing from the US from Macys and Nordstrom and then get judged for not buying locally.
    Having said all that, I think stores should stock and sell whatever their own style, range is and I don't feel discriminated against because they don't. I actually don't wish for more plus size clothes. I wish it was easier to lose weight and then maintain it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    And the city store will be open soon.
    Garden city may as well be on the moon and I never go to the city so my pride is safe for the time being.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a 16 but find a lot of sz 16 clothes in normal shops dont fit so it would be nice if they went to an 18. I find that city chic has awesome beautiful clothes but even a 14 is too big for me there! Then there's the price of plus sized clothing at plus sized shops it is a huge difference. I paid at jeans west $70 for nice sz 16 jeans that fit but $160 at city chic for some that where tbh unflattering. I know a lot of people say things like its their falt they got thay size but honestly for some of us its not. Ive been battling depression since I was 13 and most of the meds cause weight gain. My mother battled anorexia at 18 now she has thyroid issues and is overweight and very short. I know for some family owned companies they can't afford the plus size clothes but would it really kill big w or target to stock some nice ones that do fit to the size on the tags?

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Mellie29  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    For shorter length jeans the trick is to find what length works for you. If you go online you'll see jeans range from 25 to 34 inches (inside seam). My perfect touch the ankle length is around 30inches and I'm about 172cm if that gives you some idea. My sister is quite short and she often buys cropped styles and wears them as normal for her.