+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got this last pregnancy and now this pregnancy. It's unbearable! I wake up every hour or so feeling like someone has smashed my hips and outer thighs with hammer!

I see an Osteo and do Pilates and I'm okay during the day, but not at night. Last pregnancy I used to put our foam couch cushions on my side of the bed. I'll try that again.

An Osteo friend said ice the area before bed, rather than using heat.

Also the pain completely went away after I had my baby last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is most likey your trochanteric bursa. Its a ssc of fluid in your hip joint that can become inflamed and extremely painful when pressure is applied (laying on your side). It is usually treated with physio and anti inflammatory injections inyo your upper thigh but only thing is you can't have those when pregnant. I've had it when ive been pregnant and not pregnant and I agree it is so painful. Google Trochanteric Bursitis and see if you think it fits and then try get into a physio. Good luck

Sent from my GT-S7275T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    My physio just recommended to get some waffle foam from Clarke rubber and put that under your fitted sheet. I'm going to buy some on the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the first time in weeks I had a better nights sleep with much less hip/thigh pain last night, I think it's because I used an ice pack on each side before bed (about 10 mins each side, then repeated that).

The night before that I had my worst pain and that was after a nice warm bath. I think I feel worse after a warm bath, maybe because it's an inflammation thing and ice is more soothing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm definitely going to try the Ice packs and see how I go. Going to get remedial massage next week & at my hospital appointment ask about the physio dept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluekrushbabe View Post
    I'm definitely going to try the Ice packs and see how I go. Going to get remedial massage next week & at my hospital appointment ask about the physio dept.
    How did you go with the ice pack? I've also found this week that my hips hurt MORE if I put a pillow between my knees.

So far I've been less sore with ice on hips for 10-20 mins before bed, and a wedge pillow under my belly and a normal pillow along my back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night was a little better sleep. I used the ice pack ( instead of hot water bottle).

I also had a remedial massage for an hour. Was pure bliss, she focused on the upper thighs & a bit of back. I think it helped a little :-)

wedge under the tummy helps, normal pillow between knees and second pillow so my heads slightly elevated. Not cured but definitely a little better.

Have been trying to stretch a little, was thinking of trying a preg pilates class too.

Seeing the hospital today so will see if they have any more suggestions I can use and pass along :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I get this too and I'm not pregnant, although I think it started either while pregnant or when we got a new mattress. We have a firm mattress as well and it feels like it's coming from my hips but the pain is upper thigh area.
    This!!! I get it and I'm not pregnant. I had pelvic and hip issues when I was pregnant and believe its a result of that. My DS is almost 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The midwife I saw said it could also be a circulation issue too. So I'm taking magnesium supplements snd trying to be more active too. Who knows well see, just sick of the sore thighs. Half the time I just try and bare the pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got told to try calcium supplement in the morning and magnesium at night. Will see if that helps!!