+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sad about pregnancy and birth...

Lately I've been feeling a strong sense of grief that I'll never be pregnant again. Never again have that swollen belly full of baby. Never feel those little (and sometimes not so little) kicks. I'm sad I'll never get to experience labour again. I'm mourning that part of my life is over. The good. The bad. The gassy.

As sad as I am to end that chapter, Im happy that I won't have another newborn. No more sleepless nights for me and I'm especially over that dreaded 6 wks establishing breastfeeding etc. Dh and I are done. No more babies for us.

But the whole pregnancy/birth thing still kinda hurts. Anyone else feel crazy like me?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep totally get where you're coming from....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm due in August with our third and last baby. I know for a fact I will feel the same way. The pregnancy and baby phase is such a huge chapter to close I will always miss it no matter how happy I am to move on to the next phases of our lives

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought i would be the same as we originally wanted 3 .. but I am currently pregnant with our DD, and i can safely say I am glad this is my last pregnancy. I am done with the morning sickness, the low immunity and constantly catching every cold about the place, the tiredness.... I honestly do not want to go through this again. We will have one of each once this jellybean is born, so that's enough for us as far as I am concerned

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think id have a different attitude if i didn't have to work all through my pregnancies, but the reality is I will... And i don't enjoy that at all. If i could be at home with my children, and just be pregnant at home id have a different mindset i believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am only 24 and have just recently been told by DP that he is done with babies. I'm not ready to be done I'm so young I want more and I love having them so much. No idea wjat to do. How can our relationship work when we obviously have different ideas on children.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I feel this way every day. I miss all of it, the pregnancy, labour, birth, newborn cuddles, constant breastfeeds. All of it! I still have sleepless nights with my 13 month old, so haven't had a chance to miss that yet.. hahahha. But everything else I wish I could do over and over. I hate that I have to stop now. It doesn't feel right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I missed pregnancy for a while but didn't want the baby at the end. The feeling of wanting to be pregnant again passed. It's a big chapter to close in your life, I think it's normal to be a bit sad it's all over, even when you know you're done.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (30-06-2014)