+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    We did a free trial and chose not to return, however for different reasons. The coach was lovely and friendly, but I didn't think it was worth the exorbitant fees...so expensive! We have since found a brilliant soccer club for a fraction of the price.

Anyway, if you feel as though it was good and your son enjoyed it, then I would suggest canvassing your concerns with the facilitator and ask if they will give a second trial class in order for you to both make a decision. I think carrying on about him not being given a ball is a bit excessive on your DH's part...it was probably just a little oversight. I would have just politely interrupted and said "Excuse me, but x doesn't seem to have a ball yet "
    Yes, it's very expensive what what is it. Another soccer club for kids? I never thought of that.
    Yes that's what I said to DH and what I would have done. I would just ask for a ball. I think the whole ball thing is just an excuse for DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems like your DH is making this about his own feelings. If your DS enjoyed it and wanted to go back then that is what I would go with.

We did a trial too and chose not to return but that was mainly because DS did not enjoy it (we ended up doing gymnastics which he loves). The coach was engaging but DS chose at times not to participate in some of the activities and the coach just left it.

Our local soccer club has a little squirts program for 3-5 years which prepares them for playing soccer, it was about half the price as Little Kickers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

tubster  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Saddened by feedback but hopeful we can chat.....

Hi - Firstly I would like to say that I am saddened by your feedback as I work for Little Kickers in Qld and I can quite honestly say that I am really surprised that you had this experience. We are very proud of our classes and I am upset that your partner had this experience. We train our coaches to ensure that they interact with all of the kids in each class (and helping the shy ones to connect as it is quite a big step to come to a class where you have never met the kids or coaches before and have probably never been inside the venue either). There should always be loads of balls in each class (we usually have more than the maximum number of kids in the class) so am not sure why this happened but if you are comfortable in doing this I would like you to contact me on ktannochbland@littlekickers.com.au and send me your telephone number so that I can call you to talk about this further. It is important to us that mums, dads and kids come out of the class happy and feeling that it was worth the price and if not then it would be good to see if we can get you back and show your what a great program we run. I am a parent myself and know that every child takes to classes differently, our program is very different from the Little Squirts program and you may want to try both of us to see which one your child prefers.... I hope to chat to you soon
    Last edited by Queensland Karen; 01-07-2014 at 00:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am shocked to read this as I have found little kickers to be the most welcoming out of everything I've ever enrolled dd in. I had this experience with a dance class the teacher completely ignored dd and dd felt this and just hated it and wouldn't go back. The teacher was terrible but little kickers, I've been to 2 different ones, are just so so professional and so welcoming even if you are a newbie. I'm in WA though is it different? I say try again it's such a great class I do agree on the price though bit hefty 😁 good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is the program something that you can start at any time, or are there defined blocks of lessons? If its the latter, maybe that was the problem. Eg I sometimes run sporting lessons but we do it in 6 week blocks. People are welcome to come half way through the block of lessons & observe to see if they want to book in for the future but cant really join in because if they've missed 3-4 lessons there is no way they can catch up at that point. Is it possible something like this happened & that your DH didnt realise this?

Not defending the coach, it does sound like maybe he could have been a little more welcoming, but it is hard work doing what they do. I know in our case we have a brief chat with new observers during the class & encourage them to stay but we usually dont have time to have a lengthy conversation until after class - maybe this would have been the case if your DH had stuck around.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You buy it in blocks but can start anytime from my understanding.

Can't wait to put dd back in she loved it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The issue I had with little kickers was their rewards system - they expected 2 year-olds to concentrate for 45 minutes straight, which to me I don't agree is the best or even effective for that age group.

To me it felt so wrong to punish kids (singling kids out to not receive a stamp because they lost concentration for 5 minutes or were scatty that day) and give them a talking to at such a young age.

I think it's something kids can learn once they're school-aged, but not 2-3 year-olds. I pulled DS out fir that reason. There were times when DS really tried hard and did well yet they chastised him when he lost focus for 5 minutes, and it upset me because I knew DS had actually done well to concentrate that long and into his nap time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    The issue I had with little kickers was their rewards system - they expected 2 year-olds to concentrate for 45 minutes straight, which to me I don't agree is the best or even effective for that age group.

To me it felt so wrong to punish kids (singling kids out to not receive a stamp because they lost concentration for 5 minutes or were scatty that day) and give them a talking to at such a young age.

I think it's something kids can learn once they're school-aged, but not 2-3 year-olds. I pulled DS out fir that reason. There were times when DS really tried hard and did well yet they chastised him when he lost focus for 5 minutes, and it upset me because I knew DS had actually done well to concentrate that long and into his nap time.
    Woah I've never seen this happen that's terrible. DD was sometimes "challenging" but every child was praised and rewarded. That's terrible I'd pull my Dd out to if this happened.

Is LittleKickers different in every state or something?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I probably wouldn't go back I'd look for another extra curricular activity. But I would have expected my DP to at least wait out the rest of the session.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I had another think about the whole situation. I think they should have been more inviting.
    I don't mind they are not chatty towards me. But perhaps they could have been more welcoming towards DS who's usually quite shy and being a first timer.
    The coach did try to call me and offered another free trial. But I am not sure now. Am looking into a few other options.
    Anyhoo, I think it's different every location. It's the same program but it would definitely vary from place to place as it's down to the individual coaches as to how well the program is run.