Closed Thread
Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just starting to feel confident with driving but I just literally can not figure how how close I am to things, meaning I cant park. At all. So what is the point in all the time, effort & stress of learning to drive when I'll never be able to go anywhere anyway?

Ive had my eyes tested. Ive walked around the car. Ive had other people walk around when im in the drivers seat. It doesnt make a difference.

Today I swear it looked like I was about an inch away from hitting the car next to me when trying to reverse out of a parking space but when I gave up & swapped with dh I could see that I was far enough away that I could open the passenger door fully with space to spare

I just dont understand what everyone else sees & why I cant see it

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Heartstringz I have bad depth perception issues as well -I take a very long time to park and I often get out to make sure I am in correctly before turning the car off etc. My DH gives me a lot of grief about it but I am fairly certain a lot of it stems from my severe anxiety issues. You are not alone.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (06-12-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Just starting to feel confident with driving but I just literally can not figure how how close I am to things, meaning I cant park. At all. So what is the point in all the time, effort & stress of learning to drive when I'll never be able to go anywhere anyway?

Ive had my eyes tested. Ive walked around the car. Ive had other people walk around when im in the drivers seat. It doesnt make a difference.

Today I swear it looked like I was about an inch away from hitting the car next to me when trying to reverse out of a parking space but when I gave up & swapped with dh I could see that I was far enough away that I could open the passenger door fully with space to spare

I just dont understand what everyone else sees & why I cant see it

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Definitely not alone there. I find that I'm getting better at at with time. Start by parking somewhere with no cars next to you, then you can get out, check the lines and move if needed.

Also you can now go through the drive thru - no need to park there.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (06-12-2014),HeavenBlue  (06-12-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's always the day your child most needs a sleep that they fight it the most! Going out tonight and she just won't sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Definitely not alone there. I find that I'm getting better at at with time. Start by parking somewhere with no cars next to you, then you can get out, check the lines and move if needed.

Also you can now go through the drive thru - no need to park there.
    Agree it's all about practice. I've got a new massive 4WD and can reverse park it so easily with the camera. Was raining and somehow a leaf managed to land right on the camera which meant I had to go old school and use mirrors and my own judgement, failed miserably

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    It's always the day your child most needs a sleep that they fight it the most! Going out tonight and she just won't sleep!
    EVERYTIME!! No plans here today - he fell asleep in his lunch then blew kisses as I put him in his cot, yesterday however he fought and fought! Grrr. Hope you manage a great night anyway x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DS2 sleeps so well at the inlaws house that they had to wake him from his nap yesterday and today AND he slept in til almost 9 this morning from when they put him to bed... he has never, not even once in almost 2 years slept all night at home.

"Insert witty signature here"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Af is a *****

I feel really, really awful today. I have such bad cramps, headache and did not sleep last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish this rain would let up for a couple of days so the lawn can dry out so it can be mowed. It needed to be done last weekend but we've had a week of rain so now it's like a jungle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why oh why did I decide to cook a roast with MIL hanging around?!?