Closed Thread
Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Yeh thanks DH. So much for you going to sleep for 1 hour & then getting up to see if you could settle DS enough to let me get some sleep. You said that 2 hours ago & ive sat here most of that time with DS asleep on my chest completely unable to move or he will wake up & scream again.

I hope you enjoyed all your sleep! Would have been nice if id had more than 2 hours sleep last night......

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Wait- you had the baby? When did that happen?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DS2 has been asleep for 3 hours which is great but going to make bedtime hard.

"Insert witty signature here"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Wait- you had the baby? When did that happen?!
    Yeh I had him on 5th July

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I want to make fairy bread to eat (I'm *so* healthy) but I have no margarine.

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OK, call me late to the party but I only found out today (8 weeks out from this exact thing happening) that it's highly likely there will be a p.oo situation during the birth of my child.
    How is it that I did not know this? There's some contraception right there! No one tells you that little piece of info when discussing babies.
    My DPs SIL is a midwife and this info has never been shared by her. And seriously @Nomsie I expected more from you!
    I've tried googling how to stop it happening and as it turns out, there is no way to stop it happening. It just will and I just have to cop it.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    OK, call me late to the party but I only found out today (8 weeks out from this exact thing happening) that it's highly likely there will be a p.oo situation during the birth of my child.
    How is it that I did not know this? There's some contraception right there! No one tells you that little piece of info when discussing babies.
    My DPs SIL is a midwife and this info has never been shared by her. And seriously @Nomsie I expected more from you!
    I've tried googling how to stop it happening and as it turns out, there is no way to stop it happening. It just will and I just have to cop it.
    Didn't happen to me! It was my single biggest fear about childbirth... It even stopped me from pushing properly for a while, then the middie was like 'pfft, please! We don't care!' So...it may not happen :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been told the midwife will just quickly wipe it away and not mention it. I never got to pushing, but laboured with my first before emergency c section. I wet myself twice :/ the second time was while the epidural was being placed mid contraction!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not going to lie, it did happen to me & I was really embarrased but honestly no-one cared. The midwives just dealt with it like it happened every day (probably does) & I was never made to feel like it was anything to be ashamed about. Actually when it happened one midwife said 'thats a good thing, it means your body is clearing stuff out the way ready to push out the baby' - and when she checked me his head was crowning. Im sure that in the heat of the moment you wont really be that worried, you will have other things to focus on. I was really anxious about it too but it really wasnt that big of a deal in the end. Hugs!! Good luck!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (16-07-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    OK, firstly, in my defence I've never gone into the nitty gritty because I wasn't sure how much of it you wanted to hear!

Secondly, a lot of women will actually get the runs right before labour starts, hence avoiding the poo scenario all together. (This happened to me )

Also, if you are having an active labour, you may just go sit on the toilet and flush it away.

If it makes you feel better, I wet myself a few times during labour. In my defense, I was seriously tired. Like, in between contractions I was nearly unconscious I was so tired! And so when it happened I was just like "Have my waters broken?" and the midwives just said "no dear, you've just done some wee, let me clean that up"

And- this is the best bit at all- all shame goes out the window once you're truly in labour. Sure, you may keep a sheet over yourself to keep some dignity, but trust me, it will get to a point where it will be on display and you won't even care. Just get DP to stay up near your head

(Best start to my morning ever !)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (16-07-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (17-07-2014),TheGooch  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    I want to make fairy bread to eat (I'm *so* healthy) but I have no margarine.

Oh no, now I want fairy bread. I have all the ingredients too! We only have mixed grain bread, so at least it would be healthy... haha