Closed Thread
Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So totally over ds refusing to sleep anywhere but his rocker. In the main living area. This means that even with white noise blaring he gets woken up by people coming to the door, me doing things, the neighbours playing in their yard etc. Im constantly creeping around while hes asleep, praying no-one comes to the door, the phone doesnt ring, the kids dont play noisy ball games next door etc. Its so frustrating, especially now its hot so all the doors & windows are open.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Being stung by a wasp on your back near your arm pit is not fun. It feels like a burning match being pressed into your skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds has been awake since 2.30 & is totally refusing to go to sleep. Yet again dh is stuck in the city cause of a massive storm & I have no idea what im going to do or how to get him down. God I hate this so much. Every single day I deal with this & it never seems to end.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Ds has been awake since 2.30 & is totally refusing to go to sleep. Yet again dh is stuck in the city cause of a massive storm & I have no idea what im going to do or how to get him down. God I hate this so much. Every single day I deal with this & it never seems to end.......

My ds is not a great day time sleeper, someday he will sleep some he will just do half an hour. The only way I could get through the day without loosing my mind from trying to get him to sleep was to stop trying to make him go to sleep and just enjoy my time with him. Then at 6pm he is in bed asleep. Is there anyway you could do something similar? As long as he gets one good sleep during the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    But how do you get him in bed asleep in the evening? If I dont try & force him to sleep during the day, then in the evening he just absolutely screams the place down for hours till he screams himself to sleep.

Even this evening, when he was awake since 2.30, he just absolutely lost the plot after I finished his bedtime routine & tried to put him down. Hes finally asleep in his rocker cause no way known to man will he settle in his cot for me. God knows when dh will be home so im going to have to cross my fingers that he stays asleep cause I cant cope with that again tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs I hope he stays asleep for you until your Dh gets home. I found that this type of routine really started to help me when ds started solids, at 4.30 I would give him his dinner and fruit which is when he would normally start to crack it then come 6 he was ready for his bottle/bf then he was ready for bed. But I think me not feeling so stressed also helped a bit.
    I really hope everything works out for you guys soon I know what it's like to be in your situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh hasnt even left the city yet. Its going to be hours before he gets home. Ds usually only sleeps for 30 mins in his rocker & I dont think I can endure any more SCREAMING tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But tonight he isn't interested in sleep just wants to scream! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sick to death of food being wasted in this house. Every.single.night at least half of the kids dinners are thrown out. I'm guessing that's at least half of our grocery bill, and not including dd bringing home lunches she didn't eat and te boys wasting food during the day.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Dd had better sleep well tonight. 2+ hours to settle and counting. I've had to send the boys to bed without a story because I'm busy dealing with her. Sons nights the gentle approach really effing sucks.