Closed Thread
Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    I finally figured out number 100 on my list of 100 reasons as to why I hate summer.
    ... Are you leaving us hanging?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I think I know what it is:

Number 100: that there are 100 reasons to hate summer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Right now give me my summer back. This place is crazy cold. I feel ridiculous walking around in 2 jumpers at this time of year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    ... Are you leaving us hanging?
    100. People who love Summer. Cause even if I have 100 reasons to hate the season, they still like it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (16-11-2014),TheGooch  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Can I make 101 @White Mage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprisedmummy View Post
    Can I make 101 @White Mage
    Go for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Ok 101. When you are sitting in a dark house because the power grid has overloaded from too many aircons at once! And sweating like crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprisedmummy View Post
    Ok 101. When you are sitting in a dark house because the power grid has overloaded from too many aircons at once! And sweating like crazy!
    That is some serious eew. Poor bugger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I know! It isn't even summer yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    Please excuse my crappy spelling. I will proof read AFTER it's finished.

100 reasons why summer sucks

1. It's Hot! I don't like feeling like I am cooking.
    2. Sweat, I hate to sweat
    3. B.O When you are hot and sweating, chances are you stink too. And if it's not you, it's the teenager next to you.
    4. Sand, It burns when it's hot, and sticks and chafes in all the wrong places.
    5. Transportation, with no air conditioning.
    6. Living in a house through summer with no air conditioning.
    7. Sunburns.
    8. Sunstroke
    9. Fires..
    10. Working in an office place with not functioning air conditioners, and still having to wear work attire, even though you wish you were probably naked.
    11. Kids not having to go to school after a certain temperature. Which makes sense, but bad for your own plans I suppose.
    12. Bathers, unless you have a body for bathers, you never feel comfortable enough to go out in them.
    13. You have to shave more frequently. If you are me, that is a big pain in the A.
    14. Not shaving also means you are hairy and more likely to be hot from your hair.
    15. Dresses, I hate wearing dresses.
    16. Shorts, I hate wearing shorts.
    17. People playing White Christmas, but our Christmas's are hardly snow filled.
    18. SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
    19. 40C +
    20. Dehydration
    21. Looking at a forcast to know you have an entire week of 38C+ temperature.
    22. Having a birthday party at the park only to have people not come because it's too hot.
    23. Having to go stay at your in-laws house because they have air conditioning.
    24. People complaining about how hot it is on Facebook. (myself included)
    25. People telling those people to suck it up. (these people obviously have a GOOD air con)
    26. Tv commercials where they are all enjoying the sun, while drinking or eating a cold item, that apparently helps them feel cool. IT'S LIES!
    27. Ice creams melt faster!
    28. ANTS
    29. BEES!
    30. Hay Fever!
    31. Possums hibernating in your roof.
    32. Bindis! Those *****es hurt.
    33. Drinking lots of water, and never feeling satisfied.
    34. Hot nights.
    35. People are much more grumpy and irritable in summer.
    36. Day light savings.
    37. You have spent a few hours in water, you stand outside for 10mins and you are pretty close to dry and feeling hot again.
    38. Wearing a damn hat
    39. Having to keep reapplying sunscreen
    40. Skin cancer
    41. THE SUN
    42. crowded shopping centres, because either its the school holidays, or they are hiding from the sun to keep cool.
    43. Hot seat belts
    44. Hot cars
    45. Knowing that even though your naked you still feel like you are melting.
    46. sweat stains on your bed sheets
    47. water restrictions
    48. Coming out of a shower to only to be covered in sweat anyway.
    49. Walking out of an air conditioned place, to hit a wall of heat.
    50. Giant water bills because you have used so much water to keep cool.
    51. Gardens and Grass dying out due to heat. Including the prized garden you put together yourself.
    52.Mosquitoes!
    53. High Electric Bills from running air cons
    54. Kids whinging they are hot
    55. Girls walking around in short shorts and ugh boots... it's summer damnit!
    56. The consensus that since you live in Australia, you have to love summer.
    57. And if you don't you are weird or very UnAustralian
    58. That this list is most likely going to be seen as a giant whinge.
    59. Train lines will be delayed a lot more due to "railways melting/warping in the sun" Meaning alot of more fighting to ride on replacement buses packed with sweaty people with B.O from standing in the sun.
    60. Thongs melting to pavement
    61. Humidity!
    62. A cool change that only makes it worse.
    63. If you are in Queensland, the chances of hurricanes/tornadoes.
    64. Snakes, they prefer warmer weather to come and play
    65. Being pregnant in summer sucks. Especially in your 3rd trimester.
    66. Spending $1000 on a brand new air con for your house, only to find it can't handle weather temperature over 35C.
    67. Having sliding doors in your house, when trying to keep your house cool with children.
    68. Summer fashion is slowly making us more and more naked.
    69. Being told to wear white in summer because it's cooler, is a big fat lie, I still feel like I am on fire.
    70. Breaking a thong when walking, and falling flat on your face. How did that happen, you slipped in your own thong because of the sweat on your feet. (That has happened to me more then once)
    71. Wearing a bra in Summer. Chafey, sweaty, and leaves you with impressions.
    72. Leaving sweat impressions on furniture, and having people look at you like you pee'd on their furniture.
    73. Having to decide whether I am really desperate to do something that requires me to leave the house
    74. I find being sick in summer so much worse then winter. Gastro being the no1 eew.
    75. Leather seats. Being hot and getting stuck to them. Like ripping off a bandaid.
    76. Alot more graised knees and elbows cause they are exposed without jumpers and jeans.
    77. Recieving Fire warning Sms's and nothing happens. Causing panic.
    78. When a small child leaves the freezer door open, long enough that stuff inside melts or even goes bad.
    79. Trying to avoid using the oven, as using it would only turn your kitchen into a furnace.
    80. TV purposly playing shows where people are playing in snow.
    81. Every man woman, dog and child is at the pool, or beach, so over crowding.
    82. It being during the optimum season, everything is expensive. For weddings, holidays, and even flights.
    83. Flies.. I am not talking about 1 or 2.. I am talking 20-30 flies swarming around you at once. Not even repellent will save you.
    84. Summer is the highest spending months for parents. Not only did you spend all your money on Christmas presents, food, maybe a trip, you have to spend more money on getting the kids ready for school, uniforms, books, stationary. It's a parents season of being poor.
    85. Lots of handeymen of all sorts, close up shop for the season for a holiday. So not only are you home 24/7 with kids, that could possibly clog up your loo, but there is a possibility the local plumber could be on holiday!
    86. Fricken Spiders~
    87. If someone wanted to ask us to build a Christmas Snow man, we couldn't we don't have snow! So no magical Frosty the snow man here.
    88. Whether you want to be outside in the blazing heat or not. If your kids want to swim in the pool, you HAVE to watch them.
    89. Electrical Appliances, your vaccuum, some televisions, computers, create more heat in your already hot house.
    90. The smell of dead things roasting in the sun, can make a walk along the beach, not so nice or romantic.
    91. Teens covered in Lynx deoderant, trying to cover their B.O or smoking habit. Either way the mix is toxic, and most likely successful in making you want to puke up lunch.
    92. When your mascara melts.
    93. You can get drunk faster when in hot weather, either the fact you are drinking lots to quench your thirst, and the sun reacts to your body temp and causes the release of crap into your system faster.
    94. That's another, you are always thirsty.
    95. The past 2 summers, extreme heats caused a few power outages that lasted longer then a day. It was hell!
    96. Old people in speedos at the beach. O_O
    97. Sunshine fades your washing.
    98. Your thighs rubbing together with sweat, equaling to horrible sore rash
    99. Not owning your own pool.

i think you are my long lost twin...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (17-11-2014)