Closed Thread
Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Also, kellymom is an american breastfeeding website, but full of awesome info.

Mastitis info in a nice tabled format

And whilst it doesn't have a nice easy to read page like that for thrush, you get many links of info when you search thrush on kellymom. This one seems to have good info.

Hope that helps? Have you seen the dr?

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Are you experiencing flu-like symptoms? If it is a clogged duct (mastitis) usually within a few hours you will begin to feel achey and weird... are you feeling ok other than tired and weird boobs?
    My boobs were feeling really hot and then the hotness extended across my shoulders and upper back. I felt "off" but couldn't really describe why I felt "off" if that makes sense. I was cold then hot but had no temperature so it could have just been our dodgy central heating.
    Got lumps in the boobs that can't be massaged out no matter what I do.
    I went to spare Dr (the one I only go to when i need a certificate or something simple) he didn't examine me just checked temp and gave antibiotics and said if the lumps don't disappear by this morning to come back and he will drain them (spew) I don't think i'm going to do that!
    At times boobs had sharp pains in them, not just when feeding but all the time - especially worse at night.
    My nipples are pink - but aren't they supposed to be? And lactation consultant said they looked good (bet she did the frisky lady )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    My boobs were feeling really hot and then the hotness extended across my shoulders and upper back. I felt "off" but couldn't really describe why I felt "off" if that makes sense. I was cold then hot but had no temperature so it could have just been our dodgy central heating.
    I went to spare Dr (the one I only go to when i need a certificate or something simple) he didn't examine me just checked temp and gave antibiotics and said if the lumps don't disappear by this morning to come back and he will drain them (spew) I don't think i'm going to do that!
    At times boobs had sharp pains in them, not just when feeding but all the time - especially worse at night.
    My nipples are pink - but aren't they supposed to be? And lactation consultant said they looked good (bet she did the frisky lady )

Haha we all love nipple compliments! I can't say I've ever had mastitis before, but I've always been told you will almost always know when you have it because of the flu-like symptoms.

If I were you, I would probably go back to the GP today (not the extra one if you can help it lol! Maybe someone to investigate it a bit more? Although you may not have a choice on a Saturday?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Forgot to add- sounds just like plugged ducts but not mastitis yet?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (27-09-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    When your first words for the day are 'is that poo or vomit?' then you know you're in for a corker...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-09-2014),TheGooch  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @firsttimemum34 my daughter has just finished a course of antibiotics. She has a red raw rash on her bum. My nipples are red and dry and I'm in tears every feed. It's a sharp shooting pain which is still present after a feed but nowhere near as bad as during. Yours definitely sounds like blocked ducts. I've never had mastitis either (touch wood!) but my sil had it recently and it went from hot boobs to can't move in 12hrs so get to work! When I get blocked ducts I feed, feed, feed and then pump, pump, pump. Hot pack on for 15 mins or so and then a massage. Hot shower works too but I never get enough time alone to spend in the shower!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-09-2014),TheGooch  (27-09-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    DS is dancing all over my last nerve already and it's not even midday. I want to bake as a distraction but I have no milk :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    Try a heat pack before each feed and try massage while feeding too. I was in agony but managed clear it without antibiotics. Up your water intake and have some panadol. Try not to do anything but feed and pump. Hope it clears up soon

♥ me & my little boy ♥

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    And also- no more lactation cookies! Give them to your dp, @firsttimemum34!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    DS is dancing all over my last nerve already and it's not even midday. I want to bake as a distraction but I have no milk :-(
    I went to shop before lunch and forgot the eggs so nuttella brownies.

I have milk u can have.