Closed Thread
Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I fed ds then he refused to go back to sleep, I spent 45 minutes trying & every time I went to put him in bed he woke up. So when dh's alarm went off he came out & just sat down on the couch & started playing on the internet - no offer to take ds & try to settle him etc. When I questioned him he said 'oh I didnt know what you wanted to do'. Ive been up with ds since 4.45am, you really didnt think that I might like to go back to bed?? .

God sometimes it feels like I have two children as opposed to one. You're a smart guy, so why cant you use your brain?

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It sux that most of the time men dont think like us. Its so hard but I had to change my whole way of thinking about it, my DH was shocking at offering me help as well so I just started handing him DS1 and told him point blank I was tired or needed a break. He never minded and after a few months of doing this without getting cranky or upset at DH for not offering, would you believe he started offering all on his own! Its worth a shot, cos otherwise you're most likely just going to keep being disappointed by his lack of offer to help. Hugs xo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (22-09-2014),heartstringz  (15-09-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Still no baby
    Baking peanut butter choc chip cookies did not start labor.
    Eating nearly ALL the cookies did not start labor.
    100% sure the pain in my belly is cookie induced and not baby induced.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Oh dear! so what is the plan, @firsttimemum34?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Oh dear! so what is the plan, @firsttimemum34?
    I'm going to make jelly slice. Then if that doesn't work, I will make a sponge cake. After that, i'm all out of ideas.
    And for the baby... DP has already told me he is telling the Ob tomorrow to "get it out"

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    I'm going to make jelly slice. Then if that doesn't work, I will make a sponge cake. After that, i'm all out of ideas.
    And for the baby... DP has already told me he is telling the Ob tomorrow to "get it out"
    sounds an awful lot like my df!

Mmm- jelly slice and sponge cake! I'm there!! I made lemon slice yesterday, and a Madeira cake, which I've since discovered I don't like!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes - there is nothing else to do. I feel too gross to leave the house so that only leaves cooking since I don't like cleaning. I'm going to cook my way into labor!
    Lemon slice sounds good! I've never made it. Madeira cake - i'm not sure i'm a fan. Is it a bit dense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So I was just at the local pool and there was a couple in the next lane engaging in some undesirable activities (at least in a public pool where other people are swimming around). I'm sure the lifeguards knew what was happening as they kept walking past them, but no one said anything to them. Neither my friend or I were game enough to say anything as they were both quite big and a bit rough looking. Surely they realised we could see what they were doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    So I was just at the local pool and there was a couple in the next lane engaging in some undesirable activities (at least in a public pool where other people are swimming around). I'm sure the lifeguards knew what was happening as they kept walking past them, but no one said anything to them. Neither my friend or I were game enough to say anything as they were both quite big and a bit rough looking. Surely they realised we could see what they were doing?
    Some people really don't think other people can really tell I think. And eewww! I hope there was no happy ending.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #3

@firsttimemum34 here is my foolproof plan. Wait until you're exhausted. I know you are already. Even more exhausted.

Gather yourself together to haul your ar$e down the stairs to assemble a delectable tasting plate of plump green glistening grapes, firm cubes of cheddar cheese, smooth and enticing quince paste, and dark chocolate.

Have a long, luxuriant shower. Wash your hair. Settle yourself in bed, wet hair and all, in a big, soft bath sheet with tasting plate and chick show of choice on DVD.

Press play.

Wait for waters to break. This should take roughly 30 seconds.

Hang in there. When your bub is in your arms this agonizing wait will be a distant memory.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (15-09-2014),M'LadyEm  (15-09-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    My plan for you. It worked for me once.

Wake up decide I am not having bub today so I am going sit in this chair and not move unless going to the toilet. I was going to just rest so when bub came, I would be fully rested for Labour. It Lasted a few hours

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (15-09-2014)