Closed Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    OK, call me late to the party but I only found out today (8 weeks out from this exact thing happening) that it's highly likely there will be a p.oo situation during the birth of my child.
    How is it that I did not know this? There's some contraception right there! No one tells you that little piece of info when discussing babies.
    My DPs SIL is a midwife and this info has never been shared by her. And seriously @Nomsie I expected more from you!
    I've tried googling how to stop it happening and as it turns out, there is no way to stop it happening. It just will and I just have to cop it.
    Try not to worry about. Chances are you won't even know it's happened unless someone tells you, and I never say anything. The most I say is "I'm just going to change the little sheet under your bottom". Most of the time it's just a little bit anyway, as the rectum gets squished by the head coming through. If you're really keen to avoid it, the only thing you can try is an enema (Microlax), but there is no guarantee. Just tell your partner to keep his head up the other end if you don't want him to possibly see it, and to not mention it if it does happen.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The coffee!! It does nooothing!
    Someone give me a pillow!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (16-07-2014)

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Ladies! I appreciate the reassurance. I also hope for discretion from the midwives, the Ob and DP. He has already been told that he is to stay up the head end, to not mention "it" if "it" happens and he is to never ever ever tell anyone ever about it!
    DP and I have a rule at our house... "pees and p.oos are for private time" and whilst i'd prefer it stayed that way, there must be a labour get out of jail free card!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had asked dh if I ever have. He yes all 6 times but who cares you were giving birth to our precious babies. What's a little poo when you get something as great as them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (17-07-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Sleep, come find me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    OK, call me late to the party but I only found out today (8 weeks out from this exact thing happening) that it's highly likely there will be a p.oo situation during the birth of my child.
    How is it that I did not know this? There's some contraception right there! No one tells you that little piece of info when discussing babies.
    My DPs SIL is a midwife and this info has never been shared by her. And seriously @Nomsie I expected more from you!
    I've tried googling how to stop it happening and as it turns out, there is no way to stop it happening. It just will and I just have to cop it.
    Didn't happen to me either!

My Mum was very smug about the fact it never happened to her either until years later my Dad told her it happened both times she have birth!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So mum as of 3 weeks decided to stop putting dd (almost 18 months) down for her midday nap when I am at work two days a week. She says dd fights it too much. So dd ends up going to bed after 2pm when I get home (she is so exhausted and silly) and naps till late arvo throwing our routine right off. She still wakes super early -5ish- no matter how late she goes to bed.
    On the plus side I get a lay down after work but gah I would prefer her to nap at the same time every day and go to bed at 630!
    Thanks mum.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    So mum as of 3 weeks decided to stop putting dd (almost 18 months) down for her midday nap when I am at work two days a week. She says dd fights it too much. So dd ends up going to bed after 2pm when I get home (she is so exhausted and silly) and naps till late arvo throwing our routine right off. She still wakes super early -5ish- no matter how late she goes to bed.
    On the plus side I get a lay down after work but gah I would prefer her to nap at the same time every day and go to bed at 630!
    Thanks mum.
    Yeah, nothing more annoying than someone messing with your child's nap time! I can sympathise there!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    What is it with the males in my family spending hours on the toilet? DS1 had inherited this condition from his maternal uncle and grandfather. Seriously, he was in there for TWO HOURS the other night and he's in there again now! Argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have so much to do and am behind cos of a huge power outage but im so tired and just want to go to bed. Its gunna be a long night!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app