+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Parenting payments

I'm sorry if I sound silly here but I don't know what we are entitled to from centrelink and I'm wondering if I should be putting in claims. My babies are now one year old and I've only claimed the PPL.

I'm on leave now, raising children, and my husband is self employed. I can see that we can lodge for family tax benefit (I don't know if we'll qualify for anything...?) But what is the Parenting Payment? Is this different? Is this only for very low earners, or do most people qualify for something?

Help! I feel silly not being able to navigate thru this very well. I live rurally so my only option is phone calls to centrelink which are virtually impossible with baby twins! I'd like to do a lot online if possible.

Can anyone give me a quick run down??

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To get parenting payment your combined income has to be lower than $1570 a fortnight. Or something close to that anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you go onto the centrelink website there should be a calculator tool which will help you work out what you are entitled to. The parenting payment is more for low income earners, we had it cut off when dh started earning about $1000 or just over, a fortnight. But we still recieve family tax benefits a and b and his yearly income is now around $95,000 per year.

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos