my little guy just turned two and doing great on the potty at home. So far we've been doing pull-ups when out and about as we've been moving to a new city etc and I just needed one less thing to worry about.
Now that we are settled though, I've recently started asking him if he wants to use the toilet when we're at the shops and I know where the toilets are. Up til yesterday he's always said no but I've been taking him to the facilities anyway so he can have a look around and get used to the idea and I've been telling him any time he's ready, he can start doing pee pees not just at home but when we're out too.
So yesterday while visiting Daddy's new office, he suddenly announced he needed to pee pee and I said yay thanks for telling me, let's go! Got him to the toilet but got a bit flustered. Ended up:
- quickly wiping the seat with an anti bacterial wipe
- taking his shoes off,
- taking off the pull up nappy
- perching him on the toilet while supporting him so he wouldn't fall in
- he freaked out a bit but did a pee pee though some of it went on the floor.
Im thinking, there's got to be a better way of doing things!!!
So mums, tell me, what do you do??
1. He's got such short little legs so at home I always take off his undies completely when he goes to the potty which works great in case he pees a bit on the floor. Should I take off his shoes and remove his pants and pull up completely as well?
2. How to sit him on the toilet without him being scared of falling in? And also not getting the floor wet!
I do realise this is a stupid sort of thing to be asking but I'm really mystified and would appreciate hearing what others do.