+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When i think about how much easier life was with just 2. Yep having a 3rd definitely made doing regular things a lot harder, more expensive and once again we are going through the difficult toddler stage (cant take #3 anywhere without it ending in mega tantys)

But.. Wouldnt trade her in for anything. She lights up our world and she is worth the extra work.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (29-06-2014),Purple Lily  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have 2 daughters, about to turn 8 and 4, and now I find myself contemplating #3. Seeing as the age gap would be quite large I feel it would be manageable. DH is a hands on Dad so the support would be there. My girls, especially the older one, is fabulous with younger kids so caring for #3 would be a family team effort.

But the thing is I'm just getting excited about DD2 starting Kindy next year, the prospect of taking on extra hours, we are about to build a new house in a wonderful new neighbourhood where I would like to volunteer some time at the new primary school...we are venturing into a new chapter in our life. Not quite sure how a new baby would fit in but then again I guess we wouldn't know until we tried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently pregnant with #3, I'll get back to you in November OP

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LouLaa For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our no. 3 has been our easiest baby. There is 18months between 1&2 and 1 was a bit challenging! So I think the 3.5yrs between 2-3 made it a but easier. I'm a bit nervous about no. 4 who will be 16months from no.3 but I'm glad we're evening out the numbers! 1&2 play nicely - most of the time! And no3 is already getting a bit left out as his age means he a bit of a game wrecker! Will be nice got him to have a playmate I think just need to get through the tough toddler and a baby stage!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it can depend on the age gap and personalities. I found having my first 2 under 18 months extremely challenging- hardest year/ 2 years ever!. We waited almost 5 years before number 3 came along, so 1 was in school and 2nd about to head off to school, so going from 2 to 3 was a breeze as I just had baby at home during mat leave, and had heaps of time to help the older ones at school. Fast forward, baby is now almost 2 and she is going through toddler phase which isn't always easy, and I do find doing activities more challenging with 3. Sometimes we leave the youngest one at home while we do things with the older 2 as there is a big age gap. Also, it is harder to co-ordinate things like weekend sport as they boys are often at 2 difference venues so we split up. But over-all, the third baby has been a great addition to our lives, and we are back to normal with work/school/daycare and life goes on. There will be no more babies for us... so number 3 won't have a sibling near her own age which is one impact due to the large age gap.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're going to have 3 aged 4 and under and it's just hitting me how hard it could be to take them all out by myself. That and holidays will be so much harder and expensive, just finding places to stay might be hard. If they were older then it would be easier with regards to bunk beds and things like that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to say there really is a shift going from 2 to 3 kids. I see my brother & my sister who each have 2 & routine & things like getting kids to & from extra curricular activities is definitely easier. Even just the fact that we bought a bigger car in case someone wants to bring a friend along or my mum (she doesn't drive) was because we have 3. Like an earlier poster said - I'm one of 6 & my mother also said going from 2 to 3 was the hardest but the next 3 after didn't make any difference. Maybe once you have more kids than you do hands it doesn't matter any more haha. I'm about to find out ...just found out I'm due next yr with number 4!
    Ps baby #3 was easy as. It's more the physical nature & logistics that I found harder to adapt to.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Legeyt For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No I dont believe its true although my 3rd had terrible colic I dont believe it affected anything

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 3, 3.5 years between first and 3rd, they're now 4.5, 3 and 1.

Havne't found it difficult at all

My 3rd is a lovely cruisy little man, but unfortunately has been the worst sleeper of the 3. Regardless, I haven't found having 3 littlies particularly tricky. Getting out and about to the shops on your own with the 3 of them is a bit trickier than going with 2, but otherwise it's all pretty simple

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 3rd is 7 months and I have to say for us it IS way harder than 2. Primarily the feeling that someone is missing out on 1 on 1 time. I feel really guilty that my older 2 miss out on lots of mummy time. That said I know it won't last forever this baby stage and I certainly don't regret it. I'm on my own Monday through Friday and have no family nearby and none of my kids go to childcare so that has certainly made things a bit harder.

That all said we wouldn't give him back for anything!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambibambino For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (06-02-2015)