+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am a third baby, first girl after two boys. Mum always said I was the easiest baby.
    Teenage years were another story though!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My third starts school next year and is my most challenging child yet. If our third was the first we might not have gone back for more, so maybe my answer would be different if I had a chilled out baby/child but I didn't get lucky with that one.
    Raising three is challenging and exhausting, when we were in the thick of the baby years I told myself things would be easier when my youngest was 2, then when he turned 2 I told myself things would be easier when he turned 4, now I've just realised that raising three is never going to feel easy, not unless my youngest has a personality transplant and becomes a different person, and even then it's still going to be crazy and busy.
    If you really want three, have three because you won't regret it, and maybe you will be lucky and get the experience where three is a breeze. I thought that three would be easy, we survived two under two without any issues, and I know heaps of people who found that really hard. Three turned our world upside down in ways we never expected!
    Can't give an opinion on no. 4....no. 3 broke us bad enough that hubby got a vasectomy to ensure that there would be no more babies.
    Last edited by Full House; 28-06-2014 at 07:54.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

candemum  (28-06-2014),Minkie  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkie View Post
    Hi, Just wanted to hear from mums with experience. Did your 3rd baby really shake up your life? I know no-one would regret having a child but I've heard a few of mums of 3 say that they recommend sticking to 2 kids as the 3rd makes life alot harder.

I've also heard some mums say 4 is better than 3 - which I just don't get. Is number 3 really that bad?

Or are you a mum that badly wanted and craved another child but decided to stop at 2?
    Having number 3 made no real difference to our lives- she slotted in perfectly. Number 4 however has been a hell of a lot harder but I think thats more because dh works away so I dont have an extra set of hands helping at night when its time for the craziness of dinner/bath/bed for the others.

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big long post deleted.
    I have 2 . I have been forced to stop there.
    I would love to say I could Handel 3. I can't.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes 3 is bloody hard work. I'm probably different though in we only wanted 2 and bub 3 was a surprise baby. I've got 3 kids under 4 & youngest bub is 7 months old now. We don't regret having him but was definitely a lot easier with 2. He is a very easy baby though its my 2nd which is trouble.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to candemum For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am going against the grain and saying that 3 for me is no where near as hard as I expected. I got organised before the baby was born so my eldest 2 had their own busy boxes for when I fed etc. my husband was hands on & supportive and my older two were in great routines which made life easier too. It has its trying days, however I had trying days when I just had one so no difference there. I am busier with three but I enjoy it.

It depends on your lifestyle, family dynamics, support, baby's temperament etc. Like anything in life we can't predict what is going to happen or how we will cope. You know yourself & your family so only you can answer if its doable for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having my 3rd was hard but that's only because bub decided to come at 25weeks and I was having to live away from my eldest 2. Once all the medical appointments etc were over and back to normal health it's been no worse or harder than 2 for me. All my kids are 2 years apart. It helped me having routine for the kids.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ClearCrystal For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Another who is going against the grain and saying that not at all (for us) I actually found the leap from 1 to 2 kids harder and more full on, and when number 3 came along 19 months later I was freaking out, but it was absolutely fine, she slotted in so well and by then my routines were a lot better than when I just had the two. Admittedly she was a super cruisy baby and child, so that definitely helped. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I was always having to wake her for the Preschool run, I always felt bad about that, but that's really more about the 'age gap' then the number.
    After baby no 3 we ended up having baby number four with another 19 months gae gap and again I out at the prospect of another, but again, another cruisy baby that slotted in and I still say that the leap from baby no 1 to 2 was my hardest time.

So many factors come into play, not only the baby's temperament, but you're own, the family dynamics already in play, support networks, the siblings, it really just depends on each individual family as is so evident in this thread alone.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (29-06-2014),Minkie  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My third has really been lovely. He was prem (31 weeker) and in hospital for two months but from the minute he came home he's just fit in. My older two were six and nearly four when he was born so they were independent and it just worked. He's 2.5 now and is strong willed but a happy little bloke. I would've loved a fourth but my health makes it impossible. I'm grateful to have my three though.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh yes 3 is a game changer in my house, I'm totally outnumbered! Mind you he's only 4 weeks so should probably cut myself some slack ; ) as others have said it's the baby that is the easy but and the juggling of everything that's challenging for us.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambibambino For This Useful Post:

Minkie  (16-07-2014)