+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    DS has trouble feeding and hates cold things will ask for some hydrolite in a syringe though.
    So angry.... DS is in a 4 patient room theres another sick baby and a 15 yr old boy with alcohol poisoning. The boys family are whinging about him not going to get sleep or rest because DS is screaming so much! His in pain seriously grow up!
    Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Tell them if they want their kid to get a good nights sleep then perhaps they should keep a better eye on him so he doesn't get blotto!

Seriously though shared rooms for babies suck ... A blight on our healthcare system.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (29-06-2014),BettyW  (29-06-2014),FrothyFrog  (29-06-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (28-06-2014),Me&Smooches  (29-06-2014),Meld85  (29-06-2014),smallpotatoes  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So angry right now I have literally had no sleep besides an hour in days! And I'm not allowed to go home for one night?! I'm exhausted how am I suppose to look after a sick baby on little to no sleep?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Why won't they let you go home? Don't they have enough staff to look after bub? Can you get someone (hubby, relative) to come and do a shift for you so you can get some rest?

I agree with citrus rain. It's time to do a bit of foot stomping in order to get some answers about your bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha if you ladies saw all the foot stomping ive already done you'd think id need admitting to the psychiatric ward he is getting better now the nurses are grwat its the paeds that won't listen. Me and the nurses believe he had caught a really bad virus and the worst is coming to an end now. Although he still isnt sleeping. The nurses took him last night so I could sleep my bed is a small couch chair thing! Just wondering if they had him for the night anyway why can't I go home... oh the paed told them I'm not allowed for what reason I dont know he wouldnt explain..... the paed is forcing me to give him solids even though I told him he isnt ready he gags and throws up so last night I gave him solids to satisfy the paed and he threw up!! They want him weaned from bottles and on solids only wtf?! God help me I'm going nuts I did have a massive hissy fit last night when I was so so tired I lay down DS wakes with a vengeance thats why they finally took him 2 hours later after all my settling techniques and CC where exhaustes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That paed sounds like a nutter. No bottles? Nothing but solids? He's a baby for crying out loud!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What?!?!? That is absolutely crazy! I was told to keep my DS off solids for a few days, and only diluted formula until he was able to keep it down. Trust your instincts hun!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry but did you say they not.only want him on solids at 5 months, but ONLY solids? In what way is that good advice? Sheeeeesh
    I'm glad he seems to he feeling better, I'm so sorry you've had such a horrible time. It's awful when you know what your baby needs amd you can't be heard. I had a horrible experience in hospital with my daughter who had a uti. I was told her reflux like symptoms and lack of sleep was may fault and I was to stop going shopping with her all the time and to keep her away from her sisters. Needless to say, I filed a complaint.
    I hope things sort out for you both soon.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    you don't have to change feeding schedules if you don't want to. your baby.
    i wouldn't have a 5 month old on any solids when he is feeling sick.

hope he feels better soon and you can head home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Wow. I just read through this thread and I can only say I hope you get a break soon. I have no advice but you definitely need a break, some good sleep and your baby sounds like he needs a better paed!!

"Insert witty signature here"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Posting my FB status so I dont have to rewrite lol brb