+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,925
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked
    1,576
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've just ordered an Ergo Ventus, it's designed to use in hotter climates :-) my bub is due in October in Perth so will be using it in the hotter months here.

    http://www.ergobaby.eu/baby-carriers...-graphite.html

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

    #Mama  (29-06-2014)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    767
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That sucks they are slow on your request, im in the cairns babywearers group. I wear my manduca up here and its comfortable.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    897
    Thanks
    714
    Thanked
    313
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's fabulous, thanks so much for the suggestions. We had planned to be having this baby in Canberra, and I had bought a moby wrap and an ergo with plans for a ring sling or a wrap as baby got bigger. Best laid plans -right out the window! Ha ha. I guess I'll have to try the ergo and see how we find it as far as the heat. Hopefully baby is happy to be worn as I'd love to try a woven - just a little intimidated by the tying and wrapping at this stage to be honest.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    767
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    I requested to join shortly after ds2 was born, he's 20 months. Again when he was about 6 months, then 10 months. No response to any of my requests - I gave up.

    The OP is one of many people I have come across on here and IRL that have been ignored!
    Thats really strange, they approved me after a couple of days and I don't know anyone in the group. I'll let them know one FB.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    775
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked
    257
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We live near Cairns and I have a number of carriers/slings.
    What works for me is the breeze baby ring-sling. I'm not a fan of polyester but this is light and made of a mesh fabric and sooooooo easy to use.

    I also have a BabyBjorn made from a mesh fabric that hubby liked to wear. And no they are not all that bad if worn for a short time and with bub facing mum/dad only, despite what some babywearing groups say. They would have been recalled looooong time ago if they were.

    Plus I also have a heavy woven cotton ring-sling from my sister ... too hot. And a kangaroo care t-shirt, only for winter. And a home-made adapted meitai with clips made from corduroy cotton that is my all time favourite for using at home.

    There are so many babywearing options out there; you are bound to find one that suits you and bub.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

    #Mama  (29-06-2014)

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    782
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    767
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @btmac one of the admins responded that if your security settings are too high and they can't determine if you live in the area then they ignore. I can pm anyone who's interested the admins names and they're happy for you to pm themselves directly

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

    #Mama  (29-06-2014),btmacxxx  (29-06-2014)

  10. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    897
    Thanks
    714
    Thanked
    313
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heids89 that'd be lovely, yes please! I'd really like to go along to a catchup where you can look at different types of carriers mine could have been left because I still have my city as Canberra. ETA to cairns - Wednesday! We're on the road, ha ha.

  11. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,206
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked
    102
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debsch View Post
    We live near Cairns and I have a number of carriers/slings.
    What works for me is the breeze baby ring-sling. I'm not a fan of polyester but this is light and made of a mesh fabric and sooooooo easy to use.

    I also have a BabyBjorn made from a mesh fabric that hubby liked to wear. And no they are not all that bad if worn for a short time and with bub facing mum/dad only, despite what some babywearing groups say. They would have been recalled looooong time ago if they were.

    Plus I also have a heavy woven cotton ring-sling from my sister ... too hot. And a kangaroo care t-shirt, only for winter. And a home-made adapted meitai with clips made from corduroy cotton that is my all time favourite for using at home.

    There are so many babywearing options out there; you are bound to find one that suits you and bub.
    I know what you're saying re the bjorn. However, there are bag style slings that have caused/been linked to infant death that are still widely available as well as similar slings that are very difficult to safely position a newborn in that can be bought everywhere. So just because it hasn't been recalled doesn't mean it's 100% safe.
    With bjorns, they are safe- just not optimal. They aren't comfortable for the wearer for very long and don't hold baby in the most comfy position. There is a simple way to make it more comfy for all though- http://www.fineandfairblog.com/2013/...carf-hack.html

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunty For This Useful Post:

    debsch  (29-06-2014)

  13. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I know what you're saying re the bjorn. However, there are bag style slings that have caused/been linked to infant death that are still widely available as well as similar slings that are very difficult to safely position a newborn in that can be bought everywhere. So just because it hasn't been recalled doesn't mean it's 100% safe.
    With bjorns, they are safe- just not optimal. They aren't comfortable for the wearer for very long and don't hold baby in the most comfy position. There is a simple way to make it more comfy for all though- http://www.fineandfairblog.com/2013/...carf-hack.html
    The interesting thing is my daughter has hip dysplasia and her ortho recommended a baby bjorn for carrying. We have one with extra support and I can wear it for hours (and literally do).

    I'm always reluctant to express a view on carriers as I know a lot of people have strong views on the baby bjorn carriers. Just another view I guess.
    Last edited by Sonja; 29-06-2014 at 15:57.

  14. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,206
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked
    102
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    The interesting thing is my daughter has hip dysplasia and her ortho recommended a baby bjorn for carrying. We have one with extra support and I can wear it for hours (and literally do).

    I'm always reluctant to express a view on carriers as I know a lot of people have strong views on the baby bjorn carriers. Just another view I guess.
    http://hipdysplasia.org/developmenta...her-equipment/

    All I've read indicates the legs dangling right down position isn't good for hips/spinal development. I don't believe it will permanently damage anyone- just that it's not optimal. I'm not an orthapedic specialist though so I'm sure yours had their reasons- I was speaking in a general sense.
    The other think I don't like is the big price tag that goes with them when they only go up to 11kg- that was my last baby's weight at 9 months! I like wraps and carriers to last a lot longer and I don't think my shoulders would cope in a basic bjorn past 3 months- but if they suit your needs then go for it!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Baby wearing through airport
    By mrstuilawa in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 19-10-2014, 06:48
  2. Caboo baby wearing
    By MadeWithLove in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-11-2013, 14:34
  3. Baby wearing
    By bunkx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 15-11-2013, 13:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
HuggleBib
The HuggleBib is not "just another" baby bib. Sure, your child may be a messy eater who gets more food ON them rather than IN them, so you dread cleaning after feeding times! Well the HuggleBib is THE best solution to help with all these daily tasks!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!