+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby wearing in tropical weather?

Any recommendations for a ring sling to use in tropical weather?
    I have been sending a request to join the Cairns Babywearers fb page with no response and would really like some advice from mamas who wear their babies in tropical weather.
    Any advice on slings/carriers/wraps? What fabric to look for or avoid? Advice on baby wearing in the heat and humidity? Please!
    Also - any hints and tips for keeping baby comfortable while getting out and about in the heat, or particular products you found invaluable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    You can also ask on babywearing buy sell swap on Facebook. I know you can get a breeze baby sling and have a feeling I have seen wraps in light weight material too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I can help. For a woven- look at a wrapsody. They have a stretch hybrid now that you can use from birth to toddlerhood- even back carries. It's a unique type of wrap. If you prefer a non stretch their other wovens are great- very light and beautifully batik dyed.
    If you want a ring sling specifically you can get a mesh one like a breeze baby but they are a bit slippy out of water. A nice cotton would probably suit- something like a little frog- you'd get years of use from that.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunty For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (29-06-2014),Me&Smooches  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another option would be a structured carrier like a kinderpack which you can purchase with a mesh panel in for coolness.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunty For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A little frog RS would be good. 100% cotton and nice and light, while still being super supportive. They are good from newborn to toddler

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dont live in the tropics but I do live in a very hot climate. I had a hug a bub I found good in summer although so stretchy it didnt last until 2 months of age. I now have a little frog woven wrap sz 6 a little frog ring sling both 100% cotton and a manduca and I have worked out in the manduca did not feel the heat at all I reckon they are all great for warm weather

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (29-06-2014)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I found my manduca to be cooler than the pocketless hug a bub. The pognae is really popular up here too because of it's mesh front, and the emei baby has been recommended to me as good in hot weather, it can be used from newborn without an insert and looks cute too.
    I used a breeze baby a lot last wet season, it's cool but slips so needs the tail knotted just behind the rings. I find it isn't comfortable and slips badly once bub gets bigger. My didymos Indio is much more comfortable, cool and DS seems to feel more secure in it.
    I don't use wraps, but cotton/linen blends are recommended for coolness and strength.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Manduca is nice and cool, or a Kinderpack. They have a mesh panel at the front.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in Darwin and used a breeze baby ring sling when my DS was little then moved onto a pognae. I found the Manduca too hot to wear but the mesh part of the pognae makes a big difference.