+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Web site for retail jobs

Does anyone.know the Web site just for retail...????
    Thanks
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Job sites ....I am sure there is a Web site to look for jobs but just retail jobs ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I saw lots of retail jobs on Spot Jobs. I work in real estate so I find my jobs through Seek but I did have a look on Spot Jobs and it is more centred around customer service and hospitality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have a look at One Shift. It's aimed at casual / short-term job seekers but usually retail jobs are casual anyway so you might have luck there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    TBH I think you would be better off going through the websites of the retail stores in your area and seeing what's being advertised, and/or then cold-calling places/visiting in-store places that you'd be interested in working for.

I'm not too sure about this retail-specific job website that you're looking for.
    I've found most companies don't advertise on their own websites. The job I've just started wasn't featured on the website of the company I'm working for, even though they have an employment section on the website (it's an estate agent).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I've found most companies don't advertise on their own websites. The job I've just started wasn't featured on the website of the company I'm working for, even though they have an employment section on the website (it's an estate agent).
    Wesfarmers and woolies branded companies only advertise their jobs on their own sites- wowcareers for woolworths, big w, masters, bws, dan murphy's etc and coles, target, kmart, bunnings, liquor land, first choice sites for Wesfarmers.

Other companies that are part of a chain/owned by the same group typically have an employment section on their websites as well.
    Otherwise look at employment sites like seek and dropping resumes in to places you are interested in.

Good luck with your search!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

meredithgreyxxx  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would resume drop. Most businesses prefer to save the money that advertising a position costs, so if they have a file of resumes people have dropped in, they will check if any of those applicants are suitable before listing it online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Please View Post
    I would resume drop. Most businesses prefer to save the money that advertising a position costs, so if they have a file of resumes people have dropped in, they will check if any of those applicants are suitable before listing it online.
    I worked in a major supermarket; we were told to chuck out resumes. They need to apply online only, through the website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd also check your local free newspaper's employment section (I always see a couple of ads for retail assistants in our local newspapers).

And shop windows. I've noticed several local shops (bakery, fruit n veg shop, discount shop, news agency) advertising in their windows and on the noticeboard at the local shopping centre (I guess it's cheaper than listing online and they can have a chat to the person as they hand in their resume).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I worked in a major supermarket; we were told to chuck out resumes. They need to apply online only, through the website.
    Yes, I used to do recruitment for a major supermarket, however I was talking about smaller companies. Also, there's no harm in resume dropping. Worst case scenario, you get the chance to make an impression and get given directions on how best to apply.