+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    That's what I would do with the work Dyson - but the wind, it knows.... it changes direction right when that dust plume emerges and blows it all in your face (and over your professional work clothes in my case!).
    Lol it's always the way At home I put the end in as deep as possible to empty and then hold it far away when I'm tapping it out. I've avoided being dust blown, barely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I have a Dyson, the allergy one.

I have dustmite proof fully enclosed mattress protectors and pillow protectors. A new hypoallergenic/dustmite resistant quilt. I wash their sheets and quilt covers once a week. Minimal soft toys, but the ones they do have go in the wash and also in the freezer every so often. No vacuuming when the kids are home. Wash the contents of the dress up box every so often.
    Thanks! Where do you but these from?

Also for skin care I use Dermeze ointment, and Eleuphrat ointment for flare ups at least 3 times a day.
    I'm going to get some dermeeze but I haven't heard of the other one. We're using advantage at the moment, pretty much all over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Thanks! Where do you but these from?

I'm going to get some dermeeze but I haven't heard of the other one. We're using advantage at the moment, pretty much all over.
    Eleuphrat is the generic brand. Diprosone was the prescribed brand name. They are very strong.
    I had used Advantan in the past, it was ok, but it was the cream, I have seen so much difference since I switched to all ointments. Yes they look like they've been covered in Vaseline LOL but it's so good on their dry and cracked skin.

The covers I have are Protect-a-bed Allerzip. I bought them from bedding stores, Adairs had a pretty good range.
    http://www.protectabed.com.au/fully-...encasement.php

DS's allergist recommended Allergend , they sound great as they are cotton and fully breathable, but very expensive! Out of my price range unfortunately because I had to do all 4 beds (they all have some degree of dustmite allergy, with DS2 being the worst, and I had to do my bed as he co-sleeps often). But I guess the Allerzip ones I ended up getting are good for kids as they are also waterproof, and these expensive ones are not waterproof.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was also recommended these by the allergist, but due to expense I decided to wait and see if other measures (the new creams, bed protectors etc) worked first, which they did.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a Dyson, the allergy one.

I have dustmite proof fully enclosed mattress protectors and pillow protectors. A new hypoallergenic/dustmite resistant quilt. I wash their sheets and quilt covers once a week. Minimal soft toys, but the ones they do have go in the wash and also in the freezer every so often. No vacuuming when the kids are home. Wash the contents of the dress up box every so often.
    I was also recommended these by the allergist, but due to expense I decided to wait and see if other measures (the new creams, bed protectors etc) worked first, which they did.
    Thanks for all the tips! It's very helpful

I'll do some investigating and we'll be out shopping this arvo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Kirby. Expensive and big but worth the money!! Can't buy them I store, they are sold by door to door salesman!