+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    I'm in love with my Dyson stick vacuum.

It's cordless and I can easily do the whole house on a single charge. I remove the stick and attach the brush end and use it to remove all the dust in the house. So much better than trying to 'dust' conventionally because you're actually sucking up the dust rather than wiping it around.

It's a great stand alone vacuum. My corded vac hasn't been used once since I bought the Dyson stick.
    i too love my dyson stick.

my vote is dyson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mkj For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubintummy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the one I got, the DC37. We got the hard floor tool because we have floorboards and have found the whole thing seriously amazing on our boards and carpets. I did go from an ultra cheapie to that one though, so a big difference!
    Thanks for your reply - yeah I have a cheapie it is frustratingly bad! Will look into that one thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    well that didnt work but catch of the day has a dyson vaccum on sale

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mkj For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Dyson, the allergy one.

I have dustmite proof fully enclosed mattress protectors and pillow protectors. A new hypoallergenic/dustmite resistant quilt. I wash their sheets and quilt covers once a week. Minimal soft toys, but the ones they do have go in the wash and also in the freezer every so often. No vacuuming when the kids are home. Wash the contents of the dress up box every so often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also for skin care I use Dermeze ointment, and Eleuphrat ointment for flare ups at least 3 times a day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an Electrolux which I have had for more than 10 years and still works like new. HEPA filter, quiet, paper bag so no dust spill emptying a bagless and super suction. It was pretty expensive when I got it but my mum recently got a cheaper Electrolux model and it is nowhere near as good. I'm not a dyson fan though having used them at one workplace, the filter would just clog and emptying it would always leave me gasping.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love my Meile vacuum. I once used someone else's Dyson and it was crap. Plus emptying the Dyson was revolting. I like being able to just throw away the bag with the Meile.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-06-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just got a Dyson dc-41 (upright pet vacuum), it's awesome My floors have killed a few vacuums (ancient house and I shed like a German Shepard lol) but this one hasn't even slowed down. I got so much crap out of my carpets, it was so gross. I empty it straight into the outside bin and tap the canister to get all the dust out, so much easier than trying to empty it inside

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    I just got a Dyson dc-41 (upright pet vacuum), it's awesome My floors have killed a few vacuums (ancient house and I shed like a German Shepard lol) but this one hasn't even slowed down. I got so much crap out of my carpets, it was so gross. I empty it straight into the outside bin and tap the canister to get all the dust out, so much easier than trying to empty it inside
    That's what I would do with the work Dyson - but the wind, it knows.... it changes direction right when that dust plume emerges and blows it all in your face (and over your professional work clothes in my case!).