+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was my 40th - I hired the most picturesque gazebo at Kings Park overlooking the whole of Perth, had an oyster sucker, sandwiches and smoked salmon bagels, french champagne, cheeses, italian bottled soft drinks, chocolate cake and games - family friendly and really classy. Look at things that you can cater yourself - you save a fortune!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] RaryGirl View Post
    DH's 40th I organised a surprise romantic night away in a luxury hotel for the two of us (plus newborn). Then the next night we had a dinner at a restaurant with all his friends plus he went on partying after and I took kids home.

My 40th ... he organised nothing
    Aw that sucks. Some men are just not organisers. My man is the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Mine was my 40th - I hired the most picturesque gazebo at Kings Park overlooking the whole of Perth, had an oyster sucker, sandwiches and smoked salmon bagels, french champagne, cheeses, italian bottled soft drinks, chocolate cake and games - family friendly and really classy. Look at things that you can cater yourself - you save a fortune!
    Yummmmm!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] RaryGirl View Post
    DH's 40th I organised a surprise romantic night away in a luxury hotel for the two of us (plus newborn). Then the next night we had a dinner at a restaurant with all his friends plus he went on partying after and I took kids home.

My 40th ... he organised nothing
    We'll have to organise a belated 40th for you, a lovely high tea with the girls or something.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

ClearCrystal  (28-06-2014),Mod-RaryGirl  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Sorry - oyster shucker, we were the oyster suckers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was very impressed thinking you'd hired your very own Oyster Suckers!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my 50th !! I hired a private room at a local hotel, buffet lunch at about $35 per head, had a cash bar, and my daughter organised music. nice and simple, no work for me and everyone had a great time. cost around $1000 to cater everything at home would be cheaper, but too much work for me. marie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What did you do on your last 'milestone' birthday?

My firstborn was 5 weeks old at my 30th. I originally wanted a big party with friends but with a newborn, it was was the last thing I felt like doing.

Instead, DH took me away for the night to a beautiful hotel. Bub stayed with my parents, loaded with bottles of EBM. DH got a full nights sleep and I woke a few times to express lol. Not quite what I had in mind for my birthday 😂

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LouLaa For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 40th last year. To celebrate I organised a dinner/drinks cocktail party. Finished about 3am and stayed the night sans kids in a nice hotel.
    The actual day ôf my 40th, DH organised the kids to be babysat overnight, he took me to Sydney, stayed on the harbour, had dinner at Quay and gave me a diamond bracelet. I felt unbelievably spoilt. He is pretty amazing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my 30th recently and i got a tattoo. Totally on a whim and i wasnt to sure about it the next day but i totally love it now!! Im so glad i marked the milestone with something ill remember forever!1
    I didnt want to party and have people over...all that work and cleaning just turned me right off.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (09-07-2014)