+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My last milestone birthday was my 40th (in February) but being pregnant I decided to put it off the celebration until next year - 40+1. I will being doing a lovely dinner at a special restaurant (yet to be chosen but I'd like a degustation - something memorable) with just a few of my closest friends.

For my 35th, I had originally wanted to go away to a tropical island for a week's holiday but we just didn't have the money. Instead DH and I hosted a huge tropical-themed party at home. Everyone had to come in costume and we themed the food, cocktails, decorations, music, etc. It took a lot of prep (we both love cooking though) but was so much fun! And lots of great memories/photos too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My last milestone was my 30th, I got a tattoo. I figured I was old enough to make a sensible decision and I still love it.

For my 21st I went to Thailand with a girlfriend.

It's my Mum's big milestone birthday next year (60). The two of us are going to New York to celebrate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    My dad effectively managed to ruin my 18th, my 21st and my wedding. My ex-dh wouldn't allow me to do a thing for my 30th so now I am free of both of them and in 4 months time I will be 40 but unfortunately all of my money that I had saved is going towards fighting in the Family Law Court to ensure the well being of my babies. So not a lot for this milestone. Maybe when i'm 50 I will get the awesome party I hope for
    You never know, your 40th may end up being awesome, and judging by this thread so far, it needn't be anything fancy to have a great time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsKK View Post
    Today is my 30th and rather then throwing a huge party, DH and I took a much needed break to the Barossa valley. It's been wonderful, relaxing and indulgent :-) highly recommend it
    Happy belated 30th, sounds like you've been having an awesome time celebrating, keep it up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

MrsKK  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 30th was a girls night only dinner at an Italian restaurant and then went to a nightclub afterwards. I was home by midnight. I had lots of fun as a few of my friends I don't see a lot so it was good to catch up.

I said for my 40th I want to go on a long weekend break up QLD islands or on a 3/4night cruise. I started putting some $$ away for it from this year.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 30th involved dinner out with my family and a really close friend. My birthday fell in a really busy time, so 9 months later DH and I spent a night in a resort close to home. It was great
    My 21st I went to Vanuatu for two weeks and had a surprise party thrown for me. It was pretty amazing!
    I will planning something awesome for my 40th because my kids will be almost all grown up then so it will be easier

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh DH and I have 4 kids 8 & under.

We've only just gotten back from our 2weeks away for our Honeymoon without the kids so can't really go away again without them nor would I really want to.

I had planned a full surprise party for DH for his 30th at the start of the year but I'm the organiser out of us both.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ClearCrystal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    30th birthday - 3 months pregnant. Went out to a fancy dinner and I drank juice!

Hubby & I are a month apart in our bdays so we had a party to celebrate on a long weekend so our family & friends can travel to the area. We also has a surprise wedding that day!! I was 6 months pregnant. Pretty hard to top that bday celebration.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wissa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    It was my 30th and I was 8 months pregnant. Three friends (two who were also pregnant), my mum and Aunty went to a nice restaurant and had entree, main, dessert and coffee lol. I was stuffed but it was so yum.

I'm 35 in just over a month. I'm thinking of having dinner at a BYO restaurant and putting a status up on FB inviting whoever wants to come. I hate chafing people up for a RSVP so I just say if you don't reply, I assume you're not coming.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH's 40th I organised a surprise romantic night away in a luxury hotel for the two of us (plus newborn). Then the next night we had a dinner at a restaurant with all his friends plus he went on partying after and I took kids home.

My 40th ... he organised nothing

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post: