+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much time does your hubby spend with your child/ren?

My hubby has brought it up a couple of times that he spends more time at home than most dads, but doesn't spend much time with the kids. He spend a lot of his time either working or doing his own hobbies.all up I think he spends maybe an hour with all our 4 kids a week actually doing something with them.it makes me a little sad and mad that he doesn't want to do anything with them.maybe once a month he feels bad and will take them bike riding for the afternoon. So I was wondering how many other mums are in the same boat? And this obviously won't apply to FIFO families. I feel like a single mum with a man in the house iykwim.also I was an only child to a single mother so I can't compare to how I was raised either.
    Last edited by himherandhe; 27-06-2014 at 07:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not in the same boat but I hear what you are saying!

DD will carry on if DH comes home and doesn't spend some time with her... She doesn't give him a choice!

Are your kids worried about not doing much with him or is it more your worry/observation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dh spends a lot of time with our kids. If he is home then he is always 'present' while the kids are awake. We have a 5 yr old (at full time school) and a 3 month old. Dh works full time (mon-fri). I would say he spends a good 2 hours each weekday of quality time with our kids, on average. On weekends the whole time is pretty much family time unless one of us have something else planned (like dh may go to a football game, or I may have breakfast with my girlfriends, for example). Dh would never do his hobbies while our kids are awake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP isn't DS's bio father however he spends an hour with him each day when he gets home from work and on weekends everything is mostly family time however for two hours on a Saturday I will head out to get the grocery shopping done where DP and DS will have their time together. When baby number two arrives in November the time he spends with the kids will probably increase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH isnt the bio father of my 3 boys but spends a lot of time doing things with them. He had to take a year off work at one point and really used that time to bond with them. Would get them ready for school do homework in the afternoon with them spend time cooking with them or just sitting and playing and talking. Even when he went back to work he made the time in the evenings to bond. Might have just been sitting on the couch watching tv or playing chess.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by gold coast mumma; 27-06-2014 at 08:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby spends about 2hrs of an evening during the week doing bed time routine with Bub. He is gone before we wake up and only comes home for morning tea & lunch.

Of a weekend he spends pretty much all day / night with her.

From next week he will be primary carer 4 days a week while I work. It will be like that until November.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH spends anywhere from 10-30 mins a day on weekdays and 60-90 mins on the weekend.
    I too am like a single mum with a man in the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF works away but is home 6 full nights a fortnight. He spends hours each day with the children playing, exploring, doing craft. He was born to be a dad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If hubby is home before the kids are in bed maybe an hour a day. Weekends are the same unless he takes one of them to the farm with him for the morning. Even then he will do his own thing while the kids play in the yard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It isnt like he doesnt acknowledge the kids and he chats with them and stuff, he just doesnt take the time to actually do things with them. i do think the kids age have a lot to do with it. as our kids are 10, 8, 6 and 2. he does spend time playing with our 2 yr old daughter and he does run them a bath and stuff. little kids are more fun I must admit and they do demand a lot more attention.

just sometimes life isn't quite what is expected and I blame tv and shows like seventh heaven for giving misleading expectations. lol.