+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Changing Parenting Payment Partnered

Our work circumstances have changed recently. My partner has picked up work whilst I've been put to casual due to financial reasons. He is currently working full time and I was wondering if I could change our details without him needing to come in with me?
    Just don't want him to have to take a day off work if I can do it myself but also don't want to waste half a day just to find out I need him there.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As long as he has given you written permission (on the special form) to enquire/make changes on his behalf.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Coop8818  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think he has. Last time we were there together though and we may have said either could speak on behalf of the other. Can we just say it to the person or do we need the form?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pretty sure you can. My partner has just changed jobs and I can update everything online. We have never filled out the form amyd mentioned.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

Coop8818  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmm.....i just jumped on the centrelink website and it's all changed! (I normally just use the app) So now I'm not sure. Maybe just disregard my last post Looks like I'll be making a trip into centrelink now......oh joy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

Coop8818  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you already receiving PPP or is it a new application?

If you are already receiving it you just need to call them to notify of the change and then report the new income on your fortnightly reporting day either online or on the phone. If he earns too much for a certain number of fortnights then they will take you off the pension.

If it's a new application, call them first, get forms sent out and they will make appointment. Partner doesn't have to come to appt but they will have had to already sign all the forms and you take their 100pts of ID with you including photo ID.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Coop8818  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Are you already receiving PPP or is it a new application?

If you are already receiving it you just need to call them to notify of the change and then report the new income on your fortnightly reporting day either online or on the phone. If he earns too much for a certain number of fortnights then they will take you off the pension.

If it's a new application, call them first, get forms sent out and they will make appointment. Partner doesn't have to come to appt but they will have had to already sign all the forms and you take their 100pts of ID with you including photo ID.
    We're already receiving but in my partners name as he wasn't working. We left it in his name when he found work and he just reported his income looking to stop receiving as we were both working but now that I will have little to no income I'd rather get it in my name and get the maximum benefit.
    I'm not sure if that's classed as a new application or if it's just altering details?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep that sounds like you will need to do a new application with them. So call them first to get all the paperwork and an appointment, then only you need to go in and don't have to wait in the general queue for hours.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Coop8818  (27-06-2014)