+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Glad to hear everything is ok. Weird though that they urged you to see a dr for antibiotics - isn't the hospital full of both Drs and antibiotics?! Lol
    Thanks so much ladies

These were my thoughts exactly...The midwife told me to see my gp IF I get a burning sensation when weeing but kept saying that there was a fair amount of blood in my sample which indicates a uti or some sort of infection. TMI but my wee has been smelling extremely metallic so at least I know why now. I don't usually get a burning sensation when I have a uti anyway so will definitely see a gp but yeah I don't really know why it wasn't sorted last night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    PL, I have a kidney condition and I'm prone to uti's and kidney infections. My Ob and Urologist told me that in pregnancy you can often have one without ANY symptoms. Any blood in your urine (in my case) generally means is gone further than just the bladder. I would advise getting to the Dr tomorrow to get those results. If it gets to your kidneys the most effective treatment is IV Gentamicin which can't be used in pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I had many UTIs in pregnancy and never any symptoms...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Yep I had many UTIs in pregnancy and never any symptoms...
    I'm the same so when she said that I was already planning a gp appointment lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    PL, I have a kidney condition and I'm prone to uti's and kidney infections. My Ob and Urologist told me that in pregnancy you can often have one without ANY symptoms. Any blood in your urine (in my case) generally means is gone further than just the bladder. I would advise getting to the Dr tomorrow to get those results. If it gets to your kidneys the most effective treatment is IV Gentamicin which can't be used in pregnancy.
    Thanks for this info I have had a strong stitch pain up my side near my kidney area so will definitely get onto it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let us know how you go. I have my post natal urology appt in two weeks. I have a few questions about future pregnancies and this is one of my concerns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck✨