+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Should I call the hospital?

Hi ladies, I don't usually start threads like this but I don't really know what to think! My last two pregnancies went perfectly so I've never had to wonder if I should call them. If I am truly concerned I will call the hospital I'm just wanting opinions on wether I should call now or wait.

Sorry if TMI!!!

Anyway... Im 32 weeks today and around 1pm I went to the toilet (pee) and when I wiped there was blood on the toilet paper. It was only a little bit but it was dark red and in the middle it was very dark like a tiny bit of a clot. I have had waves of back pain on and off for weeks. This afternoon I feel off and quite warm and flustered. I have been seeing stars on and off for a few weeks which I told the Dr about yesterday but she didn't seem too concerned about it because I haven't got any swelling. I have had achey pains up the side of my belly and towards my back and a constant ache near my shoulder blade. I have had a few stabby pains in my belly but have had them for a couple of months. I have had a lot of tightenings for the last few days but this afternoon baby has been a bit quiet. I have felt her a few times but they aren't anywhere near as strong or frequent.

Usually I would just wait and see and not call the hospital until I was really worried but....

I had an amnio at 16 weeks due to low papp-a so they have always told me that if I have any bleeding over the course of the pregnancy to give the birth suite a call. So I guess my question is: Should I call them over this one instance of seeing blood and my other symptoms or just wait and see if there's more? If I see more blood I will call I just don't know if they would care just yet about a small amount? I'm also borderline GD if that makes any difference...

Oh and I should also add we haven't dtd in a long time so it couldn't be that.

Thanks for your opinions ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    id call, best to err on the side of caution

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mkj For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Id call the midwives. Better to be over cautious IMO. That's what the midwives are there for. Xx Hope it's nothing OP.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would give the birth suit a call and talk to a midwife for sure
    They will tell you wether or not to come in and it's always better to be on the safe side, especially if bubs been quiet.
    You can't loose anything from calling.
    It will no doubt put your mind at ease too.
    Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't hesitate in either calling or presenting to the ED.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def call them. I would probably go on for monitoring. I didnt have an amnio but went to pregnancy assessment unit a couple of times. They were always very understanding even when it was just paranoia in my behalf.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you're ok @purplelily please come back and let us know if everything is ok xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely call them. They'll tell you what to do - which I suspect will be to go in for monitoring. Any bleeding should be checked out and given bub is a little quieter I'd be heading in for sure.

I hope everything is OK!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely call. Worst case scenario is they make you come in, nothing is wrong and you wasted a few hours. I would prefer that than an emergency later on.

All the best xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mishh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks heaps ladies, I appreciate it. I called and they said I need to come in, I had only mentioned the blood and not everything else and they said to come in so will head in shortly.