+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feel soooo stupid.. 3rd baby and having anxiety about labour????

Little back story.
    Dd- long pre labour, posterior positioned baby. Ended up with epi and vacuum
    Ds- waters broke at home, good contractions, pain doable with gas at hospital, ds born 7 hrs later.

So I'm 39+4 and have had a few good contractions, and every time i get an actual contraction (not just a BH) I freak out and start to doubt wether I can do it again????
    With ds I didn't really have an option for epi because by the time I was checked I was 8 cm and coping with just gas.
    But then I think about how 'easy' labour was with the epi. Then I think of how empowered I felt after having ds 'naturally'.
    Sooooo many thoughts running through my mind!

Does anyone else feel like this, or am I just being a crazy person hahaha :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still 6 weeks away from being due with my first so cannot really comment but was just curious, if you don't mind me asking, how was your recovery with the first birth versus the second? Did the epi and vacuum require more healing or leave you feeling any worse afterwards than the birth where you only used gas? I plan on only using gas but I can't really know how I'll react to the pain...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @kezty, I felt the same way even with my 4th! I think its totally normal.
    Dd1 I was made to have an epidural that I didnt want as I had pre-eclampsia and my bp was through the roof. Was told if the epi didn't help bring it down, I would be taken for a c/s. Ended up with 3rd tear and heaps of stitches inside and out.
    Dd2 things moved pretty quickly and I wasnt using any pain relief at all. I started screaming for an epidural but they laughed at me (dd2 was born not even 10 minutes later). I felt so empowered after doing it completely pain relief free, and only had a 1st degree tear and no stitches. I felt like I could do it a million times over.
    Dd3- got to near my due date and I was freaking out big time. I knew I had done it without pain relief before and I was really hoping I could again but then anxiety kicked in and I started doubting myself. She came extremely fast- 30mins from first contraction to birth so I didnt have time to doubt myself while I was in labour. Again, felt so awesome afterwards knowing I had done it with no pain relief. 2nd degree tear and stitches.
    Dd4- I went in knowing what I wanted- a water birth and no pain relief. Close to due date again started doubting myself and didnt think I could do it. Once in labour my whole mindset changed and I knew I could. I kept telling myself ive done it twice before and I can do it again. It helped so much just repeating it in my head. Had an amazing water birth, so much calmer than my previous births, and no tearing or anything.

Those feelings of "I cant do this" are totally normal

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

kezty  (25-06-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    you are not crazy. totally normal

You CAN do this. You will be amazing ... you are amazing. You have grown a whole entire human inside you ...

Just concentrate of how great it will be once bubby is out. Those wonderful new baby snuggles ...

(note : I had a c/s so have no idea about labour at all ... just wanting to add my encouragement )

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

kezty  (25-06-2014),~Marigold~  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds1 enduced, 33 hour long tedious labour with ds1. Epidural didn't work, gas was great, babies heart rate was dropping, couldn't feel when to push due to the failed epi, 2x failed suction and finally a forcep delivery and large episiotomy. Narrowly escaped a cs. Healed really well and quickly.

Ds2 enduced, waters were broken straight up. 4 hour labour, epidural didn't work again, 2 pushes and bub was out, small cut. The pethidine made me very tired, could barely stay awake after bub was out, was numb from the waist down for hours afterwards. Again healed well and quickly.

I'm not anxious at all with baby 3 coming. I will be enduced again and will have my waters broken again. I won't be having the epidural this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember feeling the exact same way with my second once I'd had a few ouch contractions I though "omfg there is no way I can go through this again" - but then labour progresses, you cope, and before you know it you've done it and it's over! You have experience, you have knowledge, just remind yourself that you are more than prepared to handle whatever is thrown your way. Hope it all goes very smoothly

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm onto my 5th and if anything I am worse (and this was before I learnt I was having twins). I remember the pain from my past labours and it scares the **** out of me to experience it again.

Just take it as it comes and do what you feel you need to. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies, I don't feel so silly, and you have reminded me that I got thought the last one ok, and I think it's just a matter over matter....
    I'm still anxious over the pain, but hopefully I should be able to handle it and have a nice quick labour

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    hope it all goes smoothly @kezty