+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to make bliss balls with dates. They were incredible. I made a salted 'caramel' one. Mostly just dates, oats, almonds and I think some sunflower seeds and then a pinch of salt. I should get on to it again because YUM!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

Dougy  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    I used to make bliss balls with dates. They were incredible. I made a salted 'caramel' one. Mostly just dates, oats, almonds and I think some sunflower seeds and then a pinch of salt. I should get on to it again because YUM!
    That sounds freaking delicious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

My partner and I are in Northern NSW and have a 15 month old son. We have been together for 8 years and conceived through IUI at a clinic on the Gold Coast.

We would love to meet up with any other same sex families in Northern NSW so our son can know other families like ours nearby. We have other friends who are same sex parents interstate but only see them once a year or so.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Two mummys View Post
    My son just turned one
    We went through city fertility Brisbane nothing but amazing services from there. We haven't spoken about bub number two just yet, but will defs be going back )Attachment 78061
    He is so adorable! Welcome 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    Where is everyone at? I'm mostly stalking the TTC thread so I've lost track of who is due and when.

I'm 37 weeks now due 22/2 and feeling so completely over it. I want this little girl out!
    Have been thinking of you @A&S ... only 12 days until your due date. How are you feeling??? Nervous? Excited? Everything in between?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

almai  (10-02-2016),rainbow road  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same sex parents or parents to be chat!

@TandR I'm travelling along okay thanks I've been in and out of pre labour a few times which is getting really annoying. We get all excited to leave and then it just stops. I'm 100% over it already so all my fat fingers and toes are crossed that she comes soon. But apart from all the negatives we are so crazy excited to meet our baby. We had the car seat installed on Monday and I've just ordered my breast pump and now we are all done. Just have to sit patiently I guess and wait

How about you? Has the crazy insomnia and toilet trips every 2 hours at night started yet?
    Last edited by A&S; 10-02-2016 at 20:55.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

almai  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It must be annoying but at the same time your body is showing you the signs that it knows what to do once Bub decides she's finally ready. Do you have a birth plan? Or just going in there with an open mind? That must have been so surreal installing the car seat to think that in a matter of days there's going to be a little one riding in it.

AFM, I can't complain! I'm still sleeping through the night, maybe just getting up the once to pee, so no insomnia either thankfully... I'll enjoy this for however long it wants to stay like this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you're lucky. I hope it lasts for you. Have you got pretty much everything ready now or are you still picking up the final bits and pieces?

I sort of have a birth plan. I want to avoid an epidural and interventions if possible. I'm planning on making hot water my best friend but we will see. I'm well aware that things don't always go to plan so I'm trying not to get too hung up on the idea of a med free birth. Oh and delayed cord clamping. That's a big must!

Have you made a plan or given much thought into how you want to deliver? I forgot... Do you know if you're having a boy or girl or is it a surprise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @A&S, you're on the home stretch now! I think you're in Melbourne too? We've been lucky with the heat so far, how has it gone for you?

Insomnia has kicked in a bit in the last week- Im not sure if its because Im stressed about work or just good old pregnancy insomnia. I have only 8 days left of work, I'll know soon enough which one it is.

Ive had the car seat installed for about two weeks, and I still have 5w to go! I seem to be over achieving with some aspects and failing in others! Car seat installed-yes. Cot and bassinet set up- yes. Curtains in baby room- no. Books about baby care, settling, sleeping etc- no. Need to get that stuff sorted

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SJ565 I'm in WA now. We moved back home in September last year. I had to finish work because I was so unwell and it just made sense to be home. Luckily I'm south so I'm not having to deal with the heat quite so bad.

Books on baby care?... Do we need those? Haha I haven't got a single one and hadn't even thought about it to be honest. If you find a good one let me know, otherwise I'm kind of relying on my best friend Google to tell me everything I need about raising children

Bub will be with us so I've alfoiled half the window which is pretty great at keeping the sun out. We now look like a meth den but oh well. You sound like you're doing very well and super organised

On the subject of car seats... Do you/ everybody else here know about extended rear facing? The car seat you buy is specially designed to keep Bub rear facing for as long as possible, which is usually about 2-3 years instead of the typical 6 months. Bubs vertebrae isn't formed and ossified completely before that point so they are 5 x safer in rear facing mode in the event of a collision. it's definitely worth looking into if you want more info. When you see the crash test videos it's pretty convincing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-02-2016)