+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For all of you heading into the last few weeks of pregnancy I read some interesting research today about the benefits of consuming dates prior to delivery... If you eat six dates per day for the four weeks prior to your delivery date it has shown to reduce the length of the first stage of labour significantly, plus it assists with cervical dilation and spontaneous labour (vs induction). Here is the article for all the other needs like me who prefer theory to be backed up by fact 😉

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21280989/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dougy For This Useful Post:

almai  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I heard this too Dougy. I was thinking of giving it a go but just never got around to it. And dates are $$$! Are you going to try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am definitely going to try it, I think I'll start at six weeks before due date. Very expensive for sure... But the average first stage of labour was nearly halved! I'm going to see if I can find somewhere that sells bulk dates to reduce the cost maybe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeh good idea. Just one extra cost I guess and I'm past the point of developing GD now haha. If you find somewhere bulk let me know. I'm going to jump of board this date bandwagon. Hopefully it will still help even though I'm only 2.5 weeks away.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

Dougy  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might try this too. And yes I think google somewhere that sells them in bulk, as we'll need a few Kgs of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh that sounds very interesting! I might just give that a go... Previously don't like dates but my tastes have changed so much with this pregnancy that it's entirely possible I'll love them now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chekry View Post
    Ooh that sounds very interesting! I might just give that a go... Previously don't like dates but my tastes have changed so much with this pregnancy that it's entirely possible I'll love them now!
    Chuck them in a smoothie? Or I was thinking I might make some bliss balls with dates and nuts etc. Just to mix it up a bit so I'm not choking down six whole dates each day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That could work! I've been having smoothies for breakfast anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just maybe don't put six in a smoothie... It would be so sweet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son just turned one
    We went through city fertility Brisbane nothing but amazing services from there. We haven't spoken about bub number two just yet, but will defs be going back )ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454495304.338882.jpg

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Two mummys For This Useful Post:

almai  (03-02-2016),Chekry  (04-02-2016),Dougy  (03-02-2016),Its Me  (04-02-2016)