Same sex parents or parents to be chat! | Page 51 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just find it such a hard thing as they (the dogs) just don't understand. Lots of walks when my DP gets home from work. My DD just thinks our cocker spaniel is the most exciting thing ever. A great distraction when avoiding a "grizzly" session

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxergirl View Post
    Speaking of pets - those with dogs, have you found their quality of life changed much once baby arrives?

I know it's easy to say nothing will change etc but is that reality?
    Our dogs quality of life didn't decrease but ours sure did. Our mini foxie hated our baby with a passion and couldn't be trusted not to attack our newborn out of jealousy.

We keep the dog but looking back on it we really should have found him a nice home with only adults.

He is semi ok now that the kids are older but still has nipped our kids as well as visitors quite a bit. Never drawn blood but he's not a dog you can trust around kids (or over friendly adults who approach him for a cuddle! )

I've had him since he was a puppy and he's never been abused just spoilt too much in his younger years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiceo View Post
    Our dogs quality of life didn't decrease but ours sure did. Our mini foxie hated our baby with a passion and couldn't be trusted not to attack our newborn out of jealousy.

We keep the dog but looking back on it we really should have found him a nice home with only adults.

He is semi ok now that the kids are older but still has nipped our kids as well as visitors quite a bit. Never drawn blood but he's not a dog you can trust around kids (or over friendly adults who approach him for a cuddle! )

I've had him since he was a puppy and he's never been abused just spoilt too much in his younger years.
    Wow, that's a worry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Paid parental leave - I've had a quick scan of the government website and birth mum can seem to be able to transfer the leave to a different primary caregiver..has anybody any knowledge of this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's what we have read as well and that's what we plan to do! I won't be using the PPL so when I go back to work DW will use it. As far as I know it needs to be used within 12 months of the birth and you get whatever is left of that time. So I will go back to work at least 18 weeks before bub is 1 so that DW can use the full 18 weeks (if that makes sense).

I think we also need to submit the claim form but I need to stipulate that I want it transferred to her and then it gets approved that way as she will be the primary carer when I go back to work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Boxergirl  (16-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, that'd be so great if it's allowed. It would take a lot of pressure off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rainbowroad - how're you going? Baby can't be too far away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the morph scan this Friday, 20 weeks has come around relatively quick! DP thinks she is feeling baby here and there this week but not 100% sure yet! Assume it's baby, though ❤️

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxergirl For This Useful Post:

almai  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the morph scan this Friday, 20 weeks has come around relatively quick! DP thinks she is feeling baby here and there this week but not 100% sure yet! Assume it's baby, though ❤️
    20 weeks is such an exciting time, I thought! Are you finding out the gender?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    @rainbowroad - how're you going? Baby can't be too far away?
    Going good! Officially term in a few hours hoping Bub decides to come sooner rather than later but she'll pick her own birthday I guess!

Feeling sore and huge and cumbersome but otherwise great 😊

Can't believe you girls are halfway!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

almai  (19-09-2016),Boxergirl  (19-09-2016)