+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hahaha what names are you down to now? It's a big decision! Definitely one that takes time but I'm also big on not naming a baby until you have met them.

Luckily DW and I have such similar taste! Mind you we haven't really discussed names since being preggo. Lol maybe we should get on that! Half way now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like simple kind of names..... Alice, Ava, Ella, Sarah, & so on.... G's latest suggestions include Neisha, Smira, Meeka.
    Mix that with the fact we are seeing each other for 20 minutes a day is making some of these discussions complicated and pressured lol

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Kazzy, there's an app called pick your baby's name together and it's like tinder - you swipe left on names you like and right on ones you don't, and your partner does the same and it compiles a common list of names you both like.

That's how we came to our name!

Naming is really personal. Personally, we like having our babies named before we meet them, it helps us bond with them and especially this time around, it's been really special for DS to have a name to call his sister and to use while talking to her.

I don't think it's better or worse to wait or name them when you've picked a name - it's a personal choice every couple will make for themselves.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

almai  (16-08-2016),Boxergirl  (16-08-2016),Kazzy36  (16-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds like a fun app!!! Reckon we shall do even though we are all but locked in.

Slightly different name ideas there @Kazzy That's all the fun, though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxergirl View Post
    That sounds like a fun app!!! Reckon we shall do even though we are all but locked in.

Slightly different name ideas there @Kazzy That's all the fun, though!
    Yes that's what we did. And the only names we matched were the ones we had already agreed on - and Elsie. So Elsie it was!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

almai  (16-08-2016),Boxergirl  (17-08-2016)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kazzy, picking names can be so hard! I caved on dp's favourite name for ds2 but said I'd like to use my name if we have a ds3 in the future.
    Now she is saying no to my name still (which is Beau) and saying ds3 (who isn't even conceived yet) WILL be called River....... Umm nope.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

Boxergirl  (17-08-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That app sounds like fun! Maybe we'll give it a go and compile a list in case of baby number two!

We were lucky in that we both had similar ideas on what we wanted in a name. Actually before we were pregnant we both really liked Hannah, that was our top girl name. About 3 months into the pregnancy and we both felt that name just didn't fit anymore we came up with a list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We downloaded the app and it's pretty good! The only matches we have had so far are names that we have already discussed and I think there is about 6 of those so far.

We ideally want to have maybe 3 top names and then see what we feel suits when bub arrives but we'll leave the other names on the table in case our top 3 are a no go at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by almai View Post
    @Kazzy, picking names can be so hard! I caved on dp's favourite name for ds2 but said I'd like to use my name if we have a ds3 in the future.
    Now she is saying no to my name still (which is Beau) and saying ds3 (who isn't even conceived yet) WILL be called River....... Umm nope.
    Oh DP, you need to give Almai this one!

I promised DP if we have another DD she can name her, as that was what Elsie was meant to be and I changed my mind. I do love the name still, I just knew very strongly it wasn't this bub's name!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

almai  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What name was that? That's cool that you have another name already. I wish I could be that certain of a name lol. We are very indecisive!