+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no 😔 sounds like a really rough time. Did she say why she wanted to do an egg pick up? Has she talked about it before in the past? It seems like she is trying to find her place in the family which I guess can be tough for the other person but I completely get why it would make you feel like the present doesn't matter.

Do you think the time apart or her going away for this weekend will help? Has anything like this ever happened before? Sorry for all the questions. Vent away hun and big hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's old... and she's adopted. So she wants to have something of her own - keep trying to explain everything is ours not hers n mine... we have spoken about the egg pick up before... had no dates locked in. My concern is cash... ob fees are due in august. We wont have another few k spare - means impact on mat leave plansxand all aorts. Then her reaction is to spend 700 bucks on a weekend away.am feeling like we need to seperate our cash right out again. So i can prorect myself. Have been stung in the past financially with exes. Just making me feel all vulnerable n ceazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crazy even lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you did your egg pick up did she mention wanting to do that too? It sounds like she is lashing out if she is spending money away this weekend after talking about money concerns.

Do you know where she is off to? Is it somewhere significant to either of you? I get why you feel the need to protect yourself but maybe explain it to her so that she doesn't feel like you are putting walls up and pulling away. Msg me on fb if you wanna chat privately yeah?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had our 6 week check last week. DD going well. 1kg up from birth weight. Dropped down to just under 50th percentile. Not to worry as she's just under her chart line. Will watch weight gain. Mild lip tie but we are not treating it unless it causes issues. AFM - healed well after all the damage of childbirth. Happy to see the end of these stitches! Abdominal muscles all good. Got a referral though to see a physio to make sure I'm activating the right muscles to help with pelvic floor strength.

We are head over heels with our DD, but it's a massive emotional shift in the relationship since becoming parents. It's a huge deal coping with sleep deprivation, staying on top of little humans needs, your own needs, your partners needs and the household needs. We went on a short getaway to have some time to the 3 of us. To not worry about the day to day. It really helped DP and I talk about everything and regroup and make some special memories!

Tonight (first night back home) DD was extremely upset that she was too worked up to breast feed. I managed to express some milk and had to give a formula top up for the first time. She guzzled it. Poor thing. Must have been easier to take a bottle than to 'work' at my breasts for a feed. She's happily snoozing away and I am having a well deserved wine. Here's to a new day tomorrow!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

Kazzy36  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry things are rough right now for you and your DP, @Kazzy36. Sounds really tough. Have you had these type of fights before, where you spend time apart afterwards?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like things are going well for you, @TandR. The first six weeks are pretty tough, things got better for us just after, hopefully they will for you too. It's amazing how much better you feel after a decent sleep!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

TandR  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SJ565 Good to know everything gets easier! I think we're definitely finding our feet. A few stumbles along the way, but getting there nonetheless.

Hope you and DP manage to sort things out @Kazzy36 X

Thanks
    Reviews
    All going well for us here. 13 weeks today.
    DD is pretty much 50% percentile for height and weight, has been same since birth. DP has been back at work a few weeks, i really miss having her around, and she really misses being home with us!
    Having our first lunch out together without bub tomorrow. It's funny, she takes up so much of our time, being away from her for a few hours will feel like forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So nice to hear of bubbas doing well! Sorry your DP is feeling down about breastfeeding @almai. It's hard work, I couldn't BF DS as it was exhausting him and me trying despite seeing lactation consultants, so I ended up expressing too. It's not the easy way out expressing is hard, but I felt down about it too. In the end though lots of mums struggle with BF. I joined an expressing facebook group that was great for advice and support, let me know if you think your DP would like to join.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-06-2016)