Same sex parents or parents to be chat! | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week

Default Same sex parents or parents to be chat!

Was discussing there should be a forum for same sex parents or parents to be. A place where people can post about their bubbas, ask for advice, keep us updated on their pregnancies etc. All are welcome! Photos are lovely too!

I'll start with my story. DP and I have been together for four years. We went through QFG's southbank branch Eve Health and did 4 iuis using donor sperm and 1 ivf that gave us our BFP.

We now have a 11 week old DD and were taking her on a holiday tomorrow to meet her extended family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey here is my story
    Been with my wife for 5 years
    Started out ttc journey in May 2013
    We did 3 unsuccessful iuis and 1 round of IVF resulting in a BFP we used city fertility we are currently 10weeks pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    We started out last year with two unsuccessful IUI attempts. This year we had a round of IVF which resulted in one fresh transfer and a whole bunch of little frozen day 5 Embryos. The fresh transfer didn't stick but a frozen transfer is still happily kicking away. I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant and SLOWLY coming out of the haze of all day sickness as I've re-named it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Are you ladies finding out the gender? Any ideas? What's your mummy feelings? DP and I were sure that we were having a boy but we were blessed with DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies! I'm currently 23 weeks with a little boy from our first frozen transfer. Did 4 IUIs before the IVF.
    Natta the all day sickness is terrible! Glad you are feeling better hope it all disappears soon. I still have to eat before getting up, have a toaster beside the bed!!
    i thought we were having a girl but was wrong! Starting to shop for things now but so indecisive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Congrats Flower! A little boy, how incredible.

How are you and DP finding the 'naming game'? DP and I can pick boys names we love in a flash but took so long to come to a girls name. We were so sure DD was going to be a boy that we were actually shocked at our morph scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I have been with my partner for 9 years. We decided on at home insemination with a known donor which resulted in our baby boy who is 7 weeks old. All going really well. We are in SA so had a few issues getting my DP on birth certificate but is all sorted now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartan View Post
    Hi everyone. I have been with my partner for 9 years. We decided on at home insemination with a known donor which resulted in our baby boy who is 7 weeks old. All going really well. We are in SA so had a few issues getting my DP on birth certificate but is all sorted now.
    We are very lucky to be in QLD because DP went under 'parent' and all was done. Then DD's birth certificate came and we were both listed. Something very special about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartan View Post
    We are in SA so had a few issues getting my DP on birth certificate but is all sorted now.
    Really? I guess that's because you had to prove it was a home insemination? We got our birth certificate in the NT which is pretty much the same laws as SA I think, didn't have much trouble but we went through an IVF clinic so had the official paperwork. Well, a couple of staff at the registry were a bit homophobic, but we got what we wanted.

Second one was in VIC, you'd think that was easier, but no, even though they took months to go through it with a fine toothcomb and demanded extra documentation, the birth certificate still arrived leaving our first child (by my partner) off. It's always a "clerical error", isn't it. Still haven't got the correct certificate, kid is 5mo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

My partner and I have been together 5 years and I am currently pregnant from our first attempt at egg-sharing. We're very blessed and grateful it worked for us the first go as it would have been our only attempt to conceive this way. My DP did a cycle of IVF and we managed to have one lucky blastocyst to be able to freeze until it was the right time in my cycle to have the transfer. Which now brings us to 8.5 weeks along.

We're from Sydney... And thankful for the virtual world, as we're yet to meet other same sex couples in person who have or are planning to have families.