+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our reverse cycle aircon died a few weeks ago so ATM we are using a portable fan heater in the lounge room and column heaters in the bedrooms. I hate winter!!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liddybugs View Post
    Oh yes I'm hearing you!
    The house is fully tiled (apart from bedrooms) the house is old too and I think it's insulated with tissue paper. It is warmer outside!
    We relocated to this town, DH was the one who picked out the rental and told me it had heating, well it doesn't lol.
    I've asked the real estate if they would put some kind of heating in, just 1 split system in the living area, they said they would but wanted an extra $30 a week to do so, insane given how much we already pay.
    It's actually hard to function in this house with the cold.
    Ah yes the floors! We used to have a beautiful 1960's carpet that looked like a troop of kitten vomited all over it lol, so we took it up. Only to realise that the floorboards provided zero insulation from the gap under the house. So DH installed some insulation under the house so its better, but we still need to wear slippers or the cold gets into our bones.

So no heating at all in your place? I would go crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Ah yes the floors! We used to have a beautiful 1960's carpet that looked like a troop of kitten vomited all over it lol, so we took it up. Only to realise that the floorboards provided zero insulation from the gap under the house. So DH installed some insulation under the house so its better, but we still need to wear slippers or the cold gets into our bones.

So no heating at all in your place? I would go crazy!
    Haha! Our carpet that we do have is green, and the walls are a very yellow, warm based cream, makes me shudder.
    I know it's old and a rental... But come on.. Show some respect! The poor house is in need of some fixing up.

It's nearly 9am here and it -2 degrees, so yeah, the no heating is really hurting us today.
    Our lease runs out in 1 month, we pay $400 a week here and DH just found a house 15 mins down the road with heating and air con, it's newer, bigger and a lot more pleasing on the eye and only $280 per week as it's a little more rural, I've told him to get some application forms ASAP.
    Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Considered them, but there's no where to plug in where we rent and in 2 months we will be moving to our new house that has a wood fire so I'll be warm again!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in sydney and use no heating. Just warm clothes.

I can't afford to have heaters going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    Queensland here! Coldest we have had overnight is like 6 degrees but most nights at 10-12 so not too bad. Days are still 20-24 degrees
    Same here, gold coast qld

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in Adelaide, and are currently using no heating - just warm clothes.

I'll admit, it's cold, but we'll survive. I think the coldest night we've had so far was about 8.

We have a fantastically efficient gas heater, but had to remove it to replace a window. It hasn't yet gone back in, and there's no way we're using the oil heater unnecessarily. It's gone on a few times in our daughter's room on chilly nights, but that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    and there's no way we're using the oil heater unnecessarily. It's gone on a few times in our daughter's room on chilly nights, but that's it.
    Same here. I used 2 oil column heaters all winter in the bedrooms after DS was born and got a $1000 power bill.

I use an old gas heater which warms the whole house. But it dries out my skin terribly. It's an old, cold house though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a new house and use the gas heater which is one of those 'fake' fireplaces. It's brilliant, heats up an entire 2 storey house. We have ducted air-com but never use it in winter, the heater does the job. Not sure how the gas bill go this quarter, I'll have to report back...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gas heater, but it isn't built into the house (and there isn't a gas supplier here, just big bottle swaps). It's expensive and bit of a pain. We've just installed a reverse cycle air conditioner (window/wall kind), it's usable year round and should be pretty efficient. It'll probably be expensive to run as well, but at least we won't get caught out and be without heat for a few days