+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wind, wind and wind... very wrigly baby and feeding difficulties

Hello there! Just hoping to get some advice from other mums in a similar situation while I wait for our appointment with a child health nurse next week My 3 month old little girls (formula fed) is having BIG time trouble with wind and tummy aches, at the point that it got really hard to feed her. 90% times she is having a bottle she wriggles like crazy and strains to get wind out (or poop, but she is not constipated) and refuses to finish the bottle like she is full half way. She is a big baby in the 90th percentile however she is drinking that little milk right now that I am afraid she will stop gaining weight. She is on NAN Comfort (which is gentle and agreed with my other little one no problem). Yesterday I went to GP and ruled out reflux (she just strains!). Doc suggested a HA formula and gave me samples of NAN HA to try, but she is still not finishing her bottle. Thinking of changing to another basic formula, such as Heinz Nurture if that doesn't work... we changed teat flow as well, nothing is working!! What worked for you? Could it be lactose issues?? Sorry about long post! Thank you everyone
    Last edited by vave82; 25-06-2014 at 09:18. Reason: spelling mistake

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why not try infacol before changing formulas? You also should try out new formulas for a couple of weeks to see if they work better- one or two bottles isn't much if an indicator.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS was the same as a newborn. We started using Dr Browns bottles (they are anti colic/reflux/wind bottles) and infants friend and he has never had a problem since.b he's now almost 1yo. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the same problems with my bub.

I didn't want to change formula as it was agreeing with her poop wise.

I tried everything - changed bottles, used infants friend, infacol, feeding up right, burping throughout the bottle, laying on her belly and gently patting her back for burps, baby massage etc!

Unfortunately it was something we just had to deal with until she grew out of it.

I do think the Dr Brown's bottles helped a lot. I tried a lot of bottles as well - closer to nature, nuby, cheap woolies ones & mam. Bub is almost 6 months now and I still use nan comfort and a mix of dr browns & mam bottles.