+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation

My partner has gone off the pill a month ago and everything is still working itself out. Hopefully it doesn't take too long! Just wondering how people checked for ovulation, temperature, pee sticks ect. What worked best? Just getting a bit overwhelmed with it all, since we have to travel every month to get the donation and we obviously want to time it as precisely as we can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kirstie8812,
    There are a whole bunch of things you could do including temping, and using OPKs (pee sticks). One or the other may be more convenient for you. If your partners cycle returns to a regular cycle, you can use the previous month/s to predict O. If you're going with a clinic, they will likely control the cycle with medication!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirstie8812 View Post
    My partner has gone off the pill a month ago and everything is still working itself out. Hopefully it doesn't take too long! Just wondering how people checked for ovulation, temperature, pee sticks ect. What worked best? Just getting a bit overwhelmed with it all, since we have to travel every month to get the donation and we obviously want to time it as precisely as we can.
    Hi Kirstie, I reckon the Clearblue digital OPK is the best, takes the stress out of interpreting the other OPKs. It's about $50 for a cycle from chemist warehouse online. Plus charting can be useful (but more so over a few months so that you start to see patterns). I use FMC which is an app on my iPhone and it produces stats over time so you can see your average cycle etc.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the advice! Is the app called my fertility charts? If so, I just had a look and it looks really helpful, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Well the one I use is just called FMC and it links to Fertility Friend which is another popular one but I like FMC as ta pretty simple and clear. It also let's you track symptoms which can be useful. Used with an OPK you'll get a really clear sense of your Luteal phase and your average time to ovulation.

But they're probably all pretty good