+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sad about babies turning 1 :(

Can anyone else relate to this and help me out? I feel like I'm grieving at the moment as my twins' first birthday is approaching. These are the only children we will be having and I just can't shake this kind of 'grief' feeling about the baby times being over. It has gone so fast!!!

I'm also planning to finish breastfeeding at this time. I've never particularly enjoyed BFing (it's been pretty full on with 2!) but now that it's ending I'm even sad about that! I NEVER thought I'd miss that! I keep thinking back to this time last year, when I was pregnant and looking forward to all that was to come and I feel like I'd love to be back there starting all over.

Things at home are a bit rocky at the moment so I don't feel like discussing this with DH too much. I hope I don't sound like a nutter, and it's not a deep, depressive sadness, just lots of moments that give me 'pangs' of sadness. Please tell me I'm not too silly and someone else can relate...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I can relate. My youngest is 1 in August and as she's my last I feel bittersweet about the milestone. I am so looking forward to the next stage but I feel sad my little miracle is growing up.

And yep I'll be weaning just after as I'm going to Melbourne for 5 days in November. So no you're not alone. I think it's normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm feeling the same. My little girl turns 1 in September and I am very sad about it. We don't know if we will have any more and seeing her grow up so quickly is upsetting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, knowing DD was my last baby I didn't want her to grow up too fast and was sad in a bittersweet kind of way.

Then I have days when she is an absolutely terror and think can't wait for this stage to be over - haha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also feeling a little down to the fact my twins are turning 1 tomorrow! These are my last and it makes me sad that it went so quick, it has gone so quick it's not even funny

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can relate to this. My ds turned one last week and although it was an exciting time i was really really sad my one and only bub will not be a bub anymore but many more happy times to be had with him and feel so blessed that i have him.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I'm feeling sad too as my DS is turning 1 next month. I don't know if we will/can have any more so it's bittersweet to see him growing so fast. I love his chubby 'babyness' and I wish it could somehow be captured in a jar or something before he turns into a toddler !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was such a mess when DD turned 1 and you know every birthday since I get quite emotional. Time really does pass us by to quick she's not even our last so I'm a hell sook!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me! I can definately relate. DD will be 1 in August.
    I look back at this time last year too and it was the best time of my life, excitement and looking forward to what was to come but then now is the best time of my life too with DD here.
    I look forward to all her milestones and watching her grow but at the same time it seems to be going so fast. She is not even my last baby but I get really sad that my 'first' experience is over and it really does feel like in the blink of an eye.
    I do talk to my DH about it but he doesn't understand it; i'm a real emotional person and always reminiscing and thinking... thinking... thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can definitely relate. My DS is 1 next month. He will likely be our only bub, I would love another but DP doesn't want more, so I find myself grieving the lasts instead of celebrating the firsts. DS seems to want to grow up so quickly too, the weekend he hit 10 months he started walking. Even though I was excited and proud I was sad too, the baby stage i had so looked forward to enjoying is just about over