+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Sharlie. Good to know the clot won't effect bubba either. Bring on 12 weeks!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to frogpossum For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome @Sharlie ! Yes roll on 12 weeks and more scans!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyDude For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

I'm cautiously joining this thread having just had my bfp confirmed by BT today. According to Dr Google I'm due 15 March 2015.
    @Calstar I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how that must fee having been in exactly that situation a couple of months ago with a m/c at 8 weeks. I had one af and then straight into my next cycle which resulted in this bfp. I am hopeful of a different outcome this time but taking each day as it comes. I know you must be hurting terribly now but it will get easier. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @SleepyDude and @Sharlie. It's so reassuring to see that little flutter isn't it?
    @Calstar sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you have some good support around you.

Welcome @Bellydance. May the next 9 months be smooth sailing for you.

AFM - I'm happy because I am nearly weaned off all the drugs from my medicated FET. So sick of taking tablets all the time and poking pessaries into my orifices. Like others I'm on prednisolone, and have never had morning sickness.
    Also excited because I'm going to the USA vs Canada Ice Hockey on Saturday. Woohoo!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (12-07-2014),Sharlie  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leafy glad to see they are weaning you off meds too! They told my wife to start reducing her progesterone, made me a little nervous!

Anyone else have other kids? When do you plan on telling them? Our daughter is only 4 so won't tell her till 12 weeks cause she will tell everyone. Can't wait to see her reaction though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a little girl of nearly 2 who kind of knows there's a baby in mummy's tummy but don't think she fully nows what that means yet. I suppose once my belly gets huge then she'll be wondering what happened to mummy!

She keeps saying sis so maybe she knows something we don't and it'll be a girl!

Received our results today for the first trimester screening and were told it was a low risk pregnancy so feeling less anxious now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @klong on getting low risk results! I'm having my bloods taken for the harmony test on tues as we got a high risk result with dd then had a cvs to find out she was fine. We get a low risk result too! @SleepyDude we told dd who's 3 and a half last night. We weren't going to but her cousins found out and I wanted her to hear it from us. Hardest part was to explain that it could be a girl or a boy and just because she wants it to be a girl doesn't mean it will be. She's also decided she wants it named after herself!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to frogpossum For This Useful Post:

klong  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frogpossum just googled harmony test, interesting! Are you going to find out the gender? Is there only one blood test or competing tests/companies offering it? Pivet told me about a blood test for about $600 from memory that showed a definitive answer to all the high risk questions (not just a risk factor but apparently definitive from the mum's blood). Hilarious that your little one wants to name it after herself, lol!!!! At least you know you like the name.

I was back to gushing blood in the wee hours of the morning, from about 11pm to 3am. No clotting nor cramping, just copious amounts of fresh blood ********* out of me. It's hard not to panic when you see that. I woke up my husband and told him "this is it" but lo and behold if its not back to spotting this morning. Ugh. This kid is going to give me a heart attack before he even gets here. I'm back on bed rest (my poor work!) and another scan and blood test tomorrow. Whatever will be will be. Pivet may send me to SKG as they have a "different type" of scanner, not sure what that means, guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Hope everyone's having a cruisy Sunday, I've read 2 books so far, bed rest has its advantages. So much for all my big weekend plans!!! First time in my 38 years that I'm forced into downtime. So far, so good.

xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 20 month old and I've taught her that when I point to my belly and say "what's in here?" she says "baby", but I know she doesn't really understand it. For a while she answered "babies" and I would say "Noooooo, just one, one baby", so then when I asked her what was in my belly she would say "one". Very cute!

Sharlie sorry to hear the bleeding returned. I don't think there is any getting away from how frightening it is no matter whether you know the cause or not. In my last DIG there was a lady who gushed blood every week or two for most of her pregnancy and was fine but I don't think it stopped freaking her out.

AFM - had 12 week scan on Monday and everything looks good with low risks all round. It helps that my embryo is from 3 years ago given that I am now ancient! Little bub was very active on the scan and the technician struggled to get a good 3D image as he/she wouldn't stop moving. She did in the end though. So reassuring to see all that movement.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bleeding settled down and is back to spotting. My HCG levels came back ok yesterday, up to 99,000 @ 8 weeks. Scan tomorrow to make sure little bubble is holding on. I think my husband is taking this worse than me, he's very frustrated that no one can tell us what is going on either way, it's all just shoulder shrugs and 'wait n see' which seems very unscientific. I guess the answer is, as always, it's not a miscarriage until its a miscarriage. I'm on a week bed rest so I had to tell my boss what was going on. Ugh. You'd think after all the extra stress and effort to get to where we are, that us in this group would be blessed with sunshine and rainbow pregnancies. No such luck. I guess we're the warrior princesses who get to fight our way through these things. Hiiiiiiyah!