+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering with the girls that have given birth have you found any good apps to download to track things with bub.

Wether it would be feeds, poops, wees etc

I remember I used to write down left or right for feeding but I'm sure there is an app that would help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My wife used total baby last time. Was quite good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfli, I've just been using good ole pen and paper. Electronics too hard!

Just spent an hour holding off feeding waiting for lactation consult.........which is actually tomorrow.! Argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @butterfli I've been using pen and paper too- easier for me to keep track!

Well Corrie and I have had a really stressful week with him being re-admitted to hospital. We are home again now and he's doing much better. The problem was he was losing weight. I was told to feed him every 3 hours and to top him up with expressed breast milk or formula (they weren't keen on formula). This turned out to be impossible as corry refused to wake, even when undressed etc or if I could wake him refused to feed or feed for very long. It was like he drank just enough to take the edge of his hunger and no more!
    On Tuesday this go worse and he began to throw up everything I managed to get into him. Took him to emergency and he was eventually put onto a drip and numerous blood tests and other painful tests were done to him. Thankfully all his tests came back clear and he began to feed ok again, but over night his feeds became less and less again. I feed him some expressed breast milk on the Wednesday morning from a bottle with an extra slow teat and he was able to drink his fill and was more alert. Decided at this point that I would stop breast feeding him and only bottle feed either Brest milk or formula or most likely a mixture of the two. Since then he has thrived!! He is pretty much formula fed now as expressing continually with a four year old and a baby is impossible!
    The hardest part in all this was the blind push for me to continue to breast feed. I'm all for it, if it works (I breast feed dd for 6 months) but when it seemed more important for me to continue than the health of my son or me for that matter I was so frustrated!! I had to see a lactation consultant before they would discharge Corrie from hospital, who wanted me to stop all bottle feeds and exclusively breast feed or cup feed Corrie. In the end I got quite angry and said I really don't care if he takes the breast or not as long as he is healthy and thriving.
    So I do have a cruisy baby that is a little too content to be bothered with breast feeding- my mum said I was the same! But it's lovely to hear him cry and alert and is now putting on weight!!!
    Sorry rant over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @frogpossum so sorry to hear you've had to go back to hospital!

You've made the right decision! Back yourself! You know what's best for your baby! Poor little thing! Sounds like you're back on track!

They can be quite aggressive on the breast front. Your baby's health is the most important thing.

Big hugs to you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OIC For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are we all going? Wife is hanging in there, still managing to deal with miss 4's school commitments which is amazing!

Hope everyone is going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @frogpossum sorry to hear you've been back in hospital! It must have been so scary! Glad bubs is doing well now

Afm I'm still plodding along it's getting increasingly difficult to do anything but I'm hanging in there. Ob wanted to wait until 38 weeks to induce the twins but I negotiated for 37+5 so babies will be here on 4th March (unless they decided to come sooner!). 20 days to go - the count down is definitely on!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (12-02-2015),ScubaGal  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, no @frogpossum. That must have been so stressful! Im glad that you have found a solution that you are happy with and that is working.
    @butterfli I use an app called ibaby log. You can record just about everything and it has a timer for feeds (breast or bottle) and indicates sides. I find it quite handy though I sometimes forget to start or stop the timer.

Not long now @SleepyDude!

AFM - I'm finding it quite full on with two little ones even though DH is at home. We've had some feeding issues too but the bumps seem to be smoothing out. Isla only wakes for one feed during the night (lucky me!) but that means that she feeds every two hours during the day. Its exhausting. I'm off to the physio in five minutes for some laser work to close cracks in my nipples.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (13-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leafy it is difficult with 2 little ones. I've been lucky dd started 4 year old kinder this year. But not being able to drive, having a new born and still being a little sore makes getting her there and home a logistical nightmare at times. It always seems to clash with feeds etc! Not to mention 8.30 start is hard because dd likes to sleep in!!
    Corrie is going great guns now!! He's over his birth weight and has grown 2cm in length. He has started to get a little constipated but think I've got that sorted now by changing to a formula with less protein and adding a bit more water to his bottles. He still is a very easy baby- keep waiting for the honeymoon to be over, but touch wood he stays a dream baby!!
    Afm after deciding to stop bf'ing, I had to get my milk to dry up. Omg pain is all I can say!! After googling everything, tried cabbage leaves and was better in 2 days!! Such relief!! Dd was a little confused why I was putting salad on my boobies but apart from that all good!!

Not long now til we have some more babies!! Yay!! I also take my hat off to those carrying twins- your all amazing!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to frogpossum For This Useful Post:

Soques  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the tips on the apps for when bub comes along. I'll see how I go but who knows probably stick with the tried and tested.... pen and paper

@frogpossom sorry you have had such a hard time and were in hospital ( I just got home yesterday after 3 days with my 3 year old - Asthma attack!). Sounds like your bub is going really well now. I find the nurses frustrating with their conflicting advice on breast feeding and really struggled first time and gave up on it, 2nd time I ignored them and had an easier time feeding. Need to get myself some nipple shields as had a hard time with the latching both times.

@Leafy well done in juggling 2 little ones it so hard at first but good you have DH is home. I'm so worried about having to juggle 3 little ones but more so the preschool drop offs but thankfully hubby will be home for 7 weeks.

@Best of luck sleepydude in the next week, its not long at all.

@phee83 hope you are hanging in there, carrying twins much be so difficult! but 37.5 weeks sounds like a good plan to get them out.

@OIC hope you are doing well.

Looking forward to hearing the new baby announcements soon

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to butterfli For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (14-02-2015),OIC  (16-02-2015),Soques  (15-02-2015)