Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohh good luck @OIC!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

OIC  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @frogpossum and good luck @OIC

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleepyDude For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (29-01-2015),OIC  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @frogpossum ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @OIC. Enjoy every moment x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to frogpossum For This Useful Post:

OIC  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ladies for the long post... Just have to vent a bit...

Well had my first appointment at the hospital on Tuesday... And man on man the waiting... I moved from the private hospital to the public system here in Townsville as I wasn't happy with the type of care I was getting from the private... With the public though the waiting is horrific... Anyway that's not the worst of it...

As I have Hashimotos Hypothyroidism I had to see the endrocronologist and then the doctor... And since it was my first appointment it was an allllllllll morning affair... Anyway... Endro wants to change my medication as he cant support the meds I am currently on which is desiccated thyroid extract and wants to put me on synthetic... I am not going to change... Feel to good on the real stuff...saying that the only hormone that crosses the placenta anyway is T4, which if that's the case why would the desiccated having any affect on that.

Next was the doctors... Who wondered why I was only being seen now.. (I'm 31 weeks 4 days)... And then went in to say I failed my GTT (the 2 hr Gloucose test)... Hubby asked what my results were... I was 8.2 and the cut off was 8.0 but in two weeks that top end cut off is going to be changing to 8.5 and so then I wouldn't have gestational diabetes... But right now I do... So neither hubby or myself was happy with that and stated we wanted to be retested... Which dr didn't want to do... But eventually gave into...blood pressure was all good at 124/67, baby is head down, heart beat at 147...so I don't seen any issues with changing my diet just a bit and moving forward... I had also lost two kilos from my checkin appointment to my current appointment...

So now... Eating even "cleaner" than I was before... And doing a little more walking, but have to on my treadmill as it is tooooooooo hot outside and my legs are already covered with bug bites which itch like heck already so don't need any more...

So I was suppose to go back and see doctors in 2 weeks... But hubby was going to be away... So made appointment for 4 weeks - figure more time between visits the better and if I have any issues I would go to the Er or see my GP anyway... So was suppose to get my gTT redone in two weeks but going to wait longer...

And after all of this I still don't have a classification because I have to redo the tests... Ugg...

Next appointment at 35 weeks 2 days.

Thanks for reading...

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing @Soques. If it helps my first appt in the public system I waited over 2 hours but then every appt after that waiting time was minimal. You have the same experience. Also keep an eye out on your legs etc sounds very much like puppps rash I had with my first. At first I thought they were bites or hives but kept spreading and soooo bloody itchy. Only thing to treat is to keep cool- can be very difficult. I used to spread after sun gel all over me and sit in front of the air con to get some relief!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my, exciting times in this thread.
    Congratulations @frogpossum!! Wonderful news and lovely name.
    Good luck @OIC looking forward to hearing another baby announcement soon.
    @Soques sounds like you have been through the wringer and everything is always that much harder when you are heavily pregnant too. Hope you get everything sorted and on track soon.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (29-01-2015),OIC  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @frogpossum. Lovely name. I hope the little tyke is letting you get plenty of sleep.

Good luck @OIC hope all goes smoothly.
    @Soques in regards to your MCN question, I did a mix of MCN and disposables with my first and plan to do the same with this one. I have Bambooties but have only used the one brand so can't really compare them. I really liked them and it appeased my environmental conscience. I bought sized ones for when bub was small and then one-size fits all when she outgrew those.

AFM - we seem to be going well at the moment. My toddler is getting over her jealousy of the baby and bubs is currently sleeping well at night. I was quite pleased with the labour/birth as it was shorter than last time, I didn't need an episiotomy this time and I've recovered much faster physically. I recommend making use of physio services if they offer them at your hospital. They do ultrasound on all your swollen and sore bits. I was able to get three sessions and it made a great deal of difference. Plus while they were working I got advice about pelvic floor recovery and return to exercise. Good luck everyone!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (29-01-2015),OIC  (29-01-2015),phee83  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Congrats!!!! Love the name!
    Quote Originally Posted by frogpossum View Post
    Well it's a boy!! Cormac Graham Quinn was born at 11am today. Named after both of our fathers. He is sooo amazing. And I'm soo in love. Will update more after I get some sleep. It's so worth every bit of heartache to get this wonderful being, I love him so much

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats frog possom love the name! best of luck OIC hope all went well.
    Hope your both enjoying lots of snuggly cuddles.

Soques hope things get easier for you, I'm no help with MCNs as had disposables. Leafy glad to hear you are recovering well.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to butterfli For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (29-01-2015)