+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was luckily gifted a secondhand ergo and hugabub from my sister with my DD, and now have the newborn insert for the ergo. I'm thinking I'll use a carrier a lot as this time I will also have a toddler. Unfortunately, I don't think the weather in summer is very favourable to those carriers so I'm also looking into an airy sling. Can't remember the name of it though.
    @SleepyDude - you can hire a capsule from Kidsafe if you aren't wanting to buy one. I'm not sure about in Perth but my sister is in Melbourne and their local council hired out capsules.

I didn't go with a capsule last time and will forgo it this time too. My first bub grew at an exponential rate and I wouldn't have been able to lift her and a carrier for more than 8 weeks or so. I was lucky though in that she transferred okay.
    @Bellydance I'm not hiring a tenns machine but I have heard they are good during labour. Are you considering it or definitely going ahead?
    @butterfli sounds exciting to have a date set! Not so good about the GD, and over Christmas too.

AFM - two weeks until EDD (my ticker appears to be bad at maths)! It sounds so close but I don't feel like this baby is coming out soon. I had no warning last time so I don't know why I am expecting to be able to tell when this baby will arrive. Quite tired every day now and finding it harder to get back to sleep at night when I get up to go to the toilet.

Happy weekend everyone!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

butterfli  (10-01-2015),phee83  (10-01-2015),Soques  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leafy I'm soooo jealous!! I'm 36+2 today and am so ready to have my bubba on the outside! Had midwife appt today and am measuring 40 weeks. Have been told I have slim to no chance of a vbac and that's ok with me. Got confirmation that my ceasarean is booked for the 28th of this month, but I have everything crossed I go earlier. Can you imagine- I'll be measuring at least 43 weeks by then
    I don't think it's helping that my amniotic fluid is on the higher side of normal so all in all I feel like I'm lugging around a huge sandbag around the front of me. Sorry for the whinge just don't ever remember being this uncomfortable with dd!!
    On a plus I have been 'nesting' and have nearly everything organised- even packed dd special 'big sister' present!! She's nearly as impatient as me to have this bub out! Wonder how long that will last
    Can't help with the carriers- never really used one with dd- she always liked her space! But I am madly researching recovery pants/bands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh, so much happens in 2 weeks!
    @Soques Happy Birthday for Saturday! Did you get spoilt? @butterfli sorry to hear about the GD. Must be a PITA! @Soques and @frogpossum itchy skin sounds horrible.....on top of everything else!!! @Leafy only 2 weeks! OMG! How exciting!
    @Leafy and @SleepyDude I'm in Perth too. 45 was crazy! But luckily I could just stay at home.

I don't have toddlers to run after etc, and it take my hat off to all of you having your second or third. I can not imagine going through this and looking after another at the same time!
    @SleepyDude, if you haven't looked it up already, kidsafe at PMH hires the capsules, fees are on the website, sliding scale the longer you commit. I think only $5/month if longer than 4 months.
    I bought a Meridian SICT 0-4y, down to $399 at Babyland. If I'm struggling with moving sleeping Bub, I'll go hire a capsule quick smart!
    @frogpossum OMG! Measuring 40 wks already! Hopefully it's an overestimation! Just over 2 weeks for you too! Exciting!
    Re recovery shorts, if you get a "referral" for them from OB or physio you can claim on PHI. $180 otherwise, and you need a script and go in and get fitted. You could try the compression "sock" only about $8.

AFM 36 wks tomorrow, another scan, weekly now. Am Fluid was slightly low last week, but she decided it was the 45 degree day to blame! Have to try to drink 3L of water a day.
    OB will decide on the 27th, so will be booked for induction during that week sometime. So less than 3 weeks to go!

GL everyone and stay cool (and hydrated!)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OIC For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (12-01-2015),SleepyDude  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    It's getting exciting in this thread - just wanted to wish you all luck

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (14-01-2015),frogpossum  (12-01-2015),Leafy  (14-01-2015),OIC  (12-01-2015),SleepyDude  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I've completely lost my ankles and now seem to have barney rubble feet!!! Very unattractive! Been having pains all day, don't think they're contractions but pretty damn painful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Leafy just considering whether to hire one. I have heard they can be good but I don't really know that much about them.
    @frogpossum ooohhh could it be that your time has come....?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frogpossum View Post
    Well I've completely lost my ankles and now seem to have barney rubble feet!!! Very unattractive! Been having pains all day, don't think they're contractions but pretty damn painful!
    Oooooh frogpossum how are you today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone.... Still here and no movement at the station! Was a bit freaked out as I'm not sure what labour feels like as I never went thru it with dd. The pains eased up over night and although I've had them on and off today, they're not as bad, so I guess it was braxton hicks?!?! I'm 37 weeks today and now 13 day until this baby comes out (still think I might go earlier). How is everyone else travelling, not long til we get out first bubba on this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was kinda freaking out last night too @frogpossum! I downloaded a contraction timer app and thought I'd practice using it on the couple of Braxton hicks contractions per day I've been having... Yesterday I had way more than before, gradually over the day they got closer and closer together and for a while there they were about 15 minutes apart! I have no idea what labour feels like either but I think maybe by trying to practice timing them I was just noticing more of the weaker ones! I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and hoping to get the twinnies to 37 but realistically it could be any time now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh, getting close! So exciting!

I think I'm 14 days away frogpossum!

Phee, hopefully they can hold on a little longer! Are you "over it" or happy for more growing time? Do you get double the fun rib kicking?

I don't know what contractions or BHs feel like! Sure do know what pubic symphysis pain is tho!