+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to everyone! @Leafy - I am due the 22nd Jan! Very close! Good to hear about the scans going well for people and all the best to those who have them coming up! I've figured out my cramps are gas so trying to change up my diet to fix that! Since I finished the Prednisalone last Thursday I've been incredibly nauseous, tried to stick it out but I got really dehydrated so gave in and now I'm taking Maxalon, trying to limit it to one day just so I can function! The doc said that they can prescribe Prednisalone for severe morning sickness so I've probably been lucky to miss most of this nausea! Not nice! Can't wait to make it to 12 weeks fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going? I managed to pick up a horrendous gastro last week and spent Friday on the couch when I wasn't occupied elsewhere. Honestly, the vomiting was so violent I got a bit worried for bubs. Though logically I know gastro would have no effect I have a nagging worry. Next scan in one week. I had my bloods done for the first trimester screening and I've ended up with about 8 cms of bruising on my arm. The clinic ladies never made a mess of my arm like this in all the blood tests I had there. Not going back to that pathology collection place again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leafy hope you're feeling better. I know what you mean, the straining would feel like its doing damage but the little bubbahs are apparently resilient! It's so odd after all the delicacy of trying to get pregnant in the first place for us, I don't know about you but I don't really trust this whole thing just yet. Maybe after our scan this week, when I see it on screen and there is actually a heartbeat (I hope!).

welcome @kate124. Sticky good thoughts to everyone this week and good luck with your tests and scans (eg @SleepyDude).

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leafy my wife managed to get the clinic to do all her bloods for that reason! Bloody amateur hour at some pathology clinics.
    @kate124 welcome, your due a day after my birthday sorry to hear about the nausea, the wife has been hit with it since Saturday too (7 weeks)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you who are first time preggo like me, i found this very useful:

http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/...y-brochure.pdf

my husband told me I wasn't allowed to eat leftovers! Normally I'd be totally on board with that but it was as I was about to ladle a delicious steaming spoonful of seafood chowder in my gob and I was really looking foreword to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our scan went well. Measured spot on for dates and good strong heart beat. Everything looked good next scan at 12 weeks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyDude For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo! @SleepyDude and wife. I bet it was a massive relief. Now more waiting I til the next one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay SleepyDude!! Really glad to hear that! Isn't it amazing to see something fluttering on the screen. I don't know how I'll feel when i see something that looks more human like! Maybe I'll start to believe this is happening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry I've been so quiet, really struggling with the nausea! (And fatigue, constipation, reflux, boob pain.....etc).

Glad to see more people in here! Congrats and Welcome! It's great to keep up with people who have been through similar experiences, and who understand the extra bloods, scans, and worries!

AFM, saw our Ob today for the first time, very happy, lovely Dr and midwife. She scanned me, it was a bit funny cause I was expecting internal and was a bit confused about getting undressed with everyone in the room before it hit me that it was external!! Apparently théy get that often from FS graduates!

Unbelievable to see the little nugget! Has grown so much since last FS scan, I'm 9+2 now. But bigger than expected, strong HB and all looking good so far! Very active and waved at us a lot, so cute. Now if I can just start to feel better I can get excited about actually being pregnant!

Sleepydude, glad the scan went well!, yeahy!

How's everyone else doing? Hope the MS isn't too bad for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I've been waiting for a Jan/Feb/Mar 2015 thread so happy to join in if that's ok. I'm due on 12th Jan so currently 13w1d. I had my dating scan at 6w4d and bubba looked like a little blob with a heartbeat of 133. Had my first trimester screening bloods and scan last week and I couldn't believe how much bubba now looks like a real baby! He/she even put their finger in their mouth on the scan, so cute! Heartbeat now 155 and all measuring as it should.

I've had morning sickness for the past 8 weeks which lasts all day and into the evening but not actually thrown up which is good. It feels like a permanent hangover but seems to be easing in the last couple of days. Fingers crossed I'm through the worst of it now and my stomach will settle down.

All my pregnancy cravings seemed to happen earlier on in the pregnancy and now I'm just not fancying lamb and mint sauce which used to be my favourite meat. The smell of the sweet meat knocks me sick

Hope all your scans are going well and you're not suffering too much with any sickness. Here's hoping we all have very boring, uneventful pregnancies that go smoothly with no dramas.